Chapter-12 The One With The Wedding Rituals

Maliha's POV
"Hey Abeer you know our auditing professor Miss Saba is getting married"- I said excitedly.
"Yea one of the student just came and announced and he also said that Sir Omair is planning to do Miss Saba's mehndi in desi style."- Summi said, showing her bright thirty two teeth.
"Hey Aby where are you lost?"- I snapped my fingers in front of her.
"Ahh yea...yea nothing...nowhere I am here."- Abeer said.
I and Summi exchanged a glance, she still looks lost somewhere.

"So you heard what we just said, right?"- I asked because I knew she difinitely didn't hear a word.
"Umm...yea you guys said that our aaa..."- Abeer said, trying to figure out what to say.
"Abeer what is it you are hiding? come on tell us."- Summi said.
"Seriously it's nothing guys, just a little stressed out."- Abeer said.
"ABEER AND STRESS??!!"- I asked shocked. "Doesn't go hand in hand"- Summi completed the sentence while laughing.
"Uffoo yaar! okay fine I wasn't listening, now tell what you guys are so excited about?"- Abeer finally asked.
"So we were saying that Miss Saba is getting married in 2 weeks and Sir Omair wants to organize one wedding ritual in this university and that is Miss Saba's mehndi."- I said again double excitedly.
"OMG WOW, that is gonna be so much fun. So we are gonna perform too??"- Abeer also joined us in our excitement.

The rest of the day went busy in deciding what to perform and how to organize the function. Just girl talks.

--------------------------------------------Abeer's POV
I couldn't stop thinking of what Mr. Haroon did today. I wonder if he's telling the truth or playing a game.
But why would he play a game Abeer?
What advantage would he get in doing all this?
I don't know whom to listen my heart or my mind?

I couldn't even share my thoughts with Maliha and Sumaiyya, it's the first time I am hiding something from them but I don't want them to think anything wrong about Stefen, because they both always feel Mr. Haroon is always right.
Which annoys me the most.

Stefen is not like other guys Abeer, he is your good friend and you gotta trust your friend! why would you listen to some unknown? Mr. Haroon is nobody to you, he is just a little insecure of Stefen, thats it.

I finally decided to listen to my heart.

--------------------------------------------
The next few days went by by ignoring Mr. Haroon. He always tried in some way or the other to talk to me but I always either refused or totally ignored him.
I always tried to not cross way where Mr. Haroon was.

--------------------------------------------
It was finally the day when Miss Saba's mehndi function will be held in our university.
Me, Maliha and Summi decided to get dressed for the event at my place.
Our dresses were also slightly similar and we three wore mattha patti (headdresses) on our forehead.

I was wearing a dark green lehnga with colourful embroided kurti and a red coloured veil held on my shoulder.
Maliha wore a long pink embroided kurti with orange lengha and dupatta.
Summi wore a colourful embroided lehnga choli with her dupatta elegantly held on her both arms.

I must say my girls were looking breath takingly goregeous.
We three took some selfies and then left for the university.

The event was being organised in university's huge hall.
The hall was nicely decorated with white, orange, yellow and green marigold flowers.
Two girls were standing at the entrance of the hall, who were distributing bracelets made of fresh flowers. Each one of us took two flower bracelets and wore it on both of our hands.

A hammock was kept on the stage for the bride to sit on, which was decorated with flowers.
It was a huge hall, at one side there was a bar side, but it had only soft drinks, no alcohols were allowed in the university.
On the other side of the hall food dishes were kept, a buffet system.
In the rest of the area, tables and chairs were arranged for the guests and there was alot of space in the center of the hall for the students to perform.