Chapter-1 The One Where It All Started

Rashid's POV
"Ya Allah 4 baj rahe hain shaam ke aur aap ki laado abhi tak ghore bech ke so rahi hai", uff phr se shuru hogain begum meri guriya ki shikayatein karne.

"sasural jake to naak hi katwaegi hamari..."

"Ohoo begum dont start again, you know I just cant bear a word against my daughter."- I said to Rahila.

"Dekh lijiyega roz wahan se phone aaeinge aap ki beti ki shikayaton ki...phir poochongi aap se ke mera rokna tokna theek tha ke nahi"- Rahila said while folding ironed clothes.

"Begum aap ke sahabzade bhi koi doodh ke dhule nahi hain, jab se Malaysia se parhai mukamal karke aaein hain ghar me ziada nazar nahi aate, bas jab dekho awaragardi karte rehte hain."- I said to her sarcastically.

Well this is the normal routine in our house, father-daughter team on one side and mother-son team on the other side.

"huh! jaiye jaiye apni guriya rani ko uthaiye, university ke liye late hojaegi to phir hamein hi bolegi ke time pe uthaya nahi...pata nahi ye larki waqt pe kyun nahi sooti aur waqt pe kyun nahi uthti...21 saal ki hogai hai aur bachleors ke teesre saal me hai, pata nahi kab zimmedar hogi ye larki...Uff...maa ko araam dene ke bajae khud araa....."

I skiped from the living room while she kept on ranting her daily complains against Abeer.

Okay now lets go check on our daughter.

"It's not that she hates Abeer but afterall she is a mother and I know she loves her children equally. Weather it is Abeer or Emad, she has always taught them to be respectful to others. I believe she is their role model, she has left no stone unturned in moulding their characters in good."- I thought to myself while walking to Abeer's room.

-------------------------------------------
Abeer's POV
I slowly tried to open my eyes but the sun rays shining through the silk curtains made it difficult for me.
I finally managed to open my eyes after alot of difficulty, and sat straighten on my bed and smiled looking at how we love nature yet never get tired of complaning about it.

I saw the clock on the side table which ticked 4:15 pm,
"WoW Abeer you are 45 mins early, mama will be surprised to see you, record tor dia yar"- I chuckled at my own thought.

I stood up and decided to freshen up, when I heard footsteps coming near to the door of my room.

"Must be buji"- I thought to myself.

I quickly adjusted myself on the bed and pretended to be asleep, although I am wide awake but it's always fun when Abu comes to wake me up...he sings lullaby to wake me up...lol i know it's weird but hey! we are a weird family.

I could feel buji came near and sat beside me on the bed and carresed my hair lovingly and he started singing my favorite lullaby in his melodious voice.

I couldn't control my laugh and sat straighten causing buji to laugh too.
"I knew you were awake" - Buji said while smirking.

"Then why did you sang lullaby to me if you knew I was awake" - I asked shocked.

"Because my dear as you love listening to my lullabies I love singing them to you" - Abuji said while smiling and caressing my cheek.

"Aww Abuji I love you"- I said while hugging him tight.

"My bacha I love you too" - he said, hugging me back and kissing on my hair.

"Okay now come on get up, freshen up and come downstairs, eat something and then you have to leave for university"- Abuji said while getting up.

"Okay Abuji just give me 15 mins, I will be down in no time."- I smiled and said.

--------------------------------------------
"WOW it's a miracle Abeer Rashid woke up before her usual time"- Ami said. I chuckled at her sarcastic complain and hugged her from behind, kissing her cheek.

She smiled turning around and said "Mera bacha kabhi bhi apni maa ko ziada der tak naraz nahi rehne de sakti na" and kissed my forehead.

"App mujhse ziada der tak naraz reh hi nahi sakti chahe aap kitni kosish karlein meri piyari maa"- I pinched her nose and said.

"Badmash" - she said while raising her hand to playfully slap me.

---------------------------------------------My friend Sameen came to pick me up so we could go to university together. On our way we decided to stop in a nearby hypermarket to fetch some colourful glass pieces to decorate for the upcoming event in our university.

I was searching for the decoration lane in this huge market and finally I found it.
After a while I got what I needed and turned around to leave, when suddenly I bumped into someone and then I could hear the sound of glass breaking "S-MA-SHHHH..."

               X----------------------------X

Quote of the Day:
"A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear"

I really hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter :)
It's my first ever work and it took a lot of hard work to write and I really really hope that you guys enjoy and appreciate my work. <3 ✌🏻️
It's a humble request from you all that please if you guys liked my work then do recommend it your friends :)