Chapter-10 The One With The Conspiracy

Haroon's POV
I was leaving the university when I saw Abeer at the main gate talking to somebody over the fone. Her tone sounded tensed as if she was worried to go home.
I overheard her conversation with her dad.

What should I do ? It's not save for her to take a cab at this time. Should I offer her a lift? But she is so stubborn she won't ever take a lift from me.
But I should definitely do something, I can't leave her alone !!

I don't know what got into me I snatched her phone and started talking to her dad and assured him that I will drop his daughter to her home safe and sound.
--------------------------------------------
I walked towards my car and she followed me. I was about to sit in the driving seat and I thought she would sit at the passenger seat But what is she doing?!
I am not her driver, she better come sit at the front with me!
--------------------------------------------She finally gave up on my stuborness and decided to sit at the front.
The drive was silent, nor she was talking neither I.
My concentration was on the road but my eyes went towards her from time to time.
She was looking outside the window, lost in her thoughts. Her hair swayed back and forth because of the wind, her eyes lost in the beauty of the night.
She was....she was looking breathtaking.

I was driving but she was driving me crazy. I focused my mind back on the road.
What is happening to you Haroon? why are you so lost in her?

My eyes were on the road but I could feel she was looking at me, but when I looked at her she looked back outside the window. I brushed away the thought.

"Take a right from here, then straight and then left, my house will come after two buildings."- She said and I nodded my head.

I was near her house when she said "Thankyou" out of no where.
"Umm...What?"- I said, maybe I didn't hear her properly. Abeer will say thankyou to Mr. Egostic?

"I said Thankyou Mr. Haroon"- She took a deep breath and then said.
"Thankyou for what? The lift or saving your life?"- I smirked and said while taking a left turn.
"Both"- She said with a low voice.

I stopped the car as her house had come. She was about to get out of the car when I halted her- "Abeer."
"Yes."- She answered without looking at me.
"Umm...take care and..."- I was at loss of words.
"And...?"- She looked at me and said.
"And...Smile."- I said looking deep in her eyes.

Her eyes were not widened but I know
she didn't expect me to say this, even I did not expect to say something like this.
She just stared at me for a few seconds and then left without saying a word.

I stood there looking at her until she went inside her building.

What was that Haroon? Why did you say that? what is wrong with you?!?
I raked my fingers through my hair and tried to figure out my confusion but failed. You are mad Haroon! You are MAD!!
With that I drove off at high speed.

--------------------------------------------
Abeer's POV
I went inside the house and saw Ami's and Emad tensed faces.
"Mom!! Abeer is here!"-Emad said instantly getting up from the sofa.
"Ya Allah meri bachi!"- Ami came rushing towards me and hugged me tightly.
"Kya hua hai aap dono ko? Itne pareshan kyun hain aur Abuji kahan hain? Abhi tak ghar nahi aae?"- Their tensed faces made me tensed and I bombarded them with questions.
"Aby, Sir Omair called home and informed us about the incident at your university."- Emad informed.
"Me itna dar gai thi Abeer, Shukar hai tum theek ho."- Ami said while kissing my forehead.
"Ami me bilkul theek hoon, please don't take tension."- I tried to calm her down. "where is buji Emad?"- I asked.
"He should be with you na ? you came with him, right?"- He asked.
"No, I was supposed to come with him but he got a flat tyre, so I came with my professor."- I informed.
"The same professor who saved your life?"- Ami asked.
"Jee Ami."- I answered.
"Aray beta unhein andar to le kar aati, sahi se shukriya ada karti me unka, meri bachi ki jaan bachai hai unhon ne. Ajj kal kon aisa karta hai kisi ke liye jab tak koi apna na ho to, balke aaj kal to koi apne ke liye bhi itna kuch nahi karta."- Ami said.
"Ami mene thankyou bol dia unhein aur wo chale gae, Ab aap bhi chalein beth jaein aur thora pani pee lein."- I said trying to calm down Mom.