Whew! Thank goodness for curious Enzo!

"Yes, Enzo and Katie, I am your daddy."

"You are! Eek!" Katie exclaimed, hugging me and kissing my cheek nonstop.  "Mommy, we got a daddy!"

She ran to Maine and gave her a hug.  She is so happy.  Okay that was easy. Katie is just a free-spirit really.

Enzo, Enzo is different, because instead of joyful shriek, Enzo lowered his head and crosses his arms across his chest. And then, whimpering followed.

"Hey, hey, son. Why are you crying buddy?" Aren't you happy that I am your daddy?" I asked, lifting him up from my leg and cuddling him in my chest.  My hand caressing his head.

"I am happy."  He mumbled.

"Then why are you crying son?"  I asked softly, rocking him back and forth.

"Because you will weave again."  He said,  burying his face on my chest. 

Oh that gesture,  I think my heart is going to explode.

"Hey buddy, look at me."  I tell him,  cupping his face.

He opened his eyes and look at me.  His eyes are so sad,  it is breaking my heart.

"Is that why you asked me where I live?  Because you're afraid that I am going to leave?"

He nodded.

"I don't want you to weave daddy! I wove you!"  He cried out, burying his face in my chest again.

Oh to be called daddy!  

I am happy but my heart is breaking for the fear he is feeling,  afraid that I may leave them.  And he said he already love me.

I look at Maine and realized that she is crying too.  Her hand in her mouth, Katie's head on her shoulders.

"Come here Katie."  I tell her,  reaching out my hand to her.  She takes it and sat on my leg again.

I gathered them both in my arms and squeezed them tight, letting them feel my love for them.

"Enzo, Katie.  I am not leaving okay?  Yes I live far but maybe I can take you and mommy with me. Mommy and I have to talk about that first, okay?"  I tell them.  I spoke slow and clear so they will understand.

"I may leave for a few days,  but I promise I will be coming back.  Daddy have things to do and has to work,  and I have to finish a few things. But I am coming back.  I promise."  I tell them, kissing the top of their heads.

"Pinky swear, pwomise?"  Katie said, sticking out her pinky.

"Pinky swear promise."  I tell her.

We look at Enzo who hesitantly put his pinky out but twined it with ours finally.  Maine joined in and twined her pinky with ours too.

"Pinky swear pwomise."  Enzo whispered.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~