Part 6

"-Do you agree to the changes in terms? Yes or no?"

Harlot!!! How was (Y/N) still resisting me?!? I could feel her body literally pulsing with desire, leaking fluids inside her neat, little pajamas; her brain would react every time I touched her- HOW?!? She must have a will of titanium! Was she of angelic descent? She didn't smell of it!

I bent over her and took a big whiff to make sure. No, (Y/N) was pure human. Damn it, the enchanting tramp smelled marvelous! My stomach growled painfully and I couldn't help but shriek at her in frustration. "I'm starving!"

Shit! I had fucked up badly; now I'd ruined everything! (Y/N) had seen my bad side, I had yelled at her, there was no way she would want me on any terms any longer. Fuck! I paced around the room; unsure if there was anything I could do to salvage the situation. Dammit I wanted her! I wanted her signed, sealed and delivered, ready to devour! She was supposed to be the one to break up the monotony, and she was slipping through my fingers!

I wasn't really angry with (Y/N). She didn't know anything about demonic etiquette; that it just wasn't done to make counter-offers with a demon! Humans either took the bait or refused it: The End. If anyone ever found out I'd ever bargained with a human woman, I'd be a laughing stock for eternity!

I was, however, infuriated with myself. I was so hungry I was losing my cool; it was getting hard to concentrate. I hadn't done this in a long time. I needed to eat soon or I'd be reduced to servicing humans without a contract. The thought made me shudder and feel nauseated. That would make me worse than a laughing stock. I would be a pariah among my kind for centuries.

I sat down and put my head in my hands, close to tears. But stay here, for a month? (Y/N) had given me a way out if I needed it but... My stomach rumbled and I felt miserable. I was surprised to hear her approaching tentatively.

"I know you eat, uh, peoples' happiness, but would you like a snack? Like a food snack? Will that help with your being hungry?" I looked up from my brooding to see that (Y/N) looked concerned. How odd. "It won't help, but I like sweets. And cheese. If you have either. But not mixed together."

(Y/N) left while I resumed turning my options over in my head. While desire, lust, or what have you might be my specialty, I also had an inordinate amount of pride. I certainly couldn't stand the thought of bowing to anyone, certainly not a human female, my prey.

But... I hadn't been lying when I said (Y/N) had stirred something in me. I found her intriguing in a sea of repetitive encounters, and I dearly didn't want to skip this one. She piqued my curiosity- how could a woman desire me so much more than so many others had (I knew it for a fact), and yet essentially turn me down, when they had not? She was as hungry as I was in this situation, and while I was losing my mind, she was facing me down like no woman ever had.

I was willing to bet (Y/N) was unusually passionate, if I could find the right keys to her special, well-guarded locks. I was also willing to wager she would fill my belly unlike anyone ever had if I could truly win her over. I liked challenges. I had to scratch this itch.

I decided. I would accept (Y/N)'s terms. I would sweep her off her feet, win her heart, make her truly love me, and last the whole month, if it was the last thing I did. I liked being the victor, and the game was on.