Chapter 20: I got what in Science!?

By the time Robert left, the state which he was in, I thought that he might actually murder Bullington himself. Bullington? Travis? I don't know what to call him now. It's so odd, at long last knowing that they are the same person, it made sense. Either way, Robert was frantic: livid at the erudition. And I was stood on the halfway line between regretting telling him about it or feeling relieved that he finally knew. He wouldn't drop me in on it. I knew that much, but if he gave her my gift at the same time that he confronted her then it would be so obvious that I was the one who leaked it. Actually, I was the only person who could have possibly known about it. So it wouldn't matter or not when she got the lecture; he couldn't have just plucked it from thin air. Could he? Unless he had a Sherlock Holmes type of intelligence. In that case, he would be able to cunningly convince her that he'd figured it out by himself. Hmm, drama.

Getting back into the house, I lugged my corpse into my room. Turning to my phone once again, I put on the first playlist which I came across. I wasn't fussed what it was (within reason of course) it was mainly just to have background noise. Logic being that it'd be something to drown out the thoughts swimming in my mind.

Full blast, as loud as it would go. Not great on the ears but at least I'd be listening to the lyrics rather than the worrier inside my head.

Laid like a star fish on the mattress, mouthing the words in time with the singer, "she's a problem to solve... and in that circle she's making I will always revolve". Why did it have to fit the situation so well? Oh the irony! 'THAT FIRE YOU IGNITED, GOOD BAD AND UNDECIDED!" Head banging from the tempo in the song. "VISION SO INSANE.... YOUR LIGHT IS ULTRAVIOLET! ULTRAAAAAVIOLET!!!" Good vibes flowing, I got up, having a short session of dancing around. It was almost as if I were on stage again, not that Romeo would dance like this; the 'abominable dancing' led to acting like I were in a music video which ended in me stumping my toe on the wardrobe, "ah fu- ow!" I spluttered. Collapsing onto the bed holding my foot. Vrrrrrrrrrrrr. Vrrrrrrrrrrr. I let go of my foot. Looking up. Vrrrrrr. Vrrrrr.

It was my phone. I took it from my pocket and saw that it was agent number three. This was at least an hour and a half from when we made our deal. The text was brief but enough to reassure me even if it didn't tell the whole story:

'Rob: package delivered. Suspect been for questioning.'

It seemed that I wasn't the only one who saw it like a spy mission then. Clearly Robert meant that he had spoken to Gwen about Travis and how she had kept it from everyone. Their discussion, debate or argument - good or bad, he choose not to say. Thinking twice, I ignored the need to reply and instead switched off the screen and allowed myself to rest. In short, I fell asleep. With the music so loud that my neighbours should have complained for me using music to try and cover up a murder.

***

"So then Connor," Greg started as we made our way (for the last time) to the hall where not long back we had sat our exams, "do you think you will have passed all of them?" he directed at me. We were both out of uniform, all of us year eleven were. Shrugging off the question I looked at the others, all stood sprouting outside the door to the exam hall. Of course we'd have to wait around for our result slips. I leaned against the wall and looked at Greg,

"Could be waiting a while" I said without a care. I had one foot against the wall and looked around for my other mates (those who came round and we played on games every now and then). Greg hopelessly tried to copy my stance and it led to me bursting into laughter when somehow he was able to fall over. What a plonk. Just as I turned to lend him a hand, overcame Drew and Carl both chuckling at Greg who tried to act (I think it was supposed to be) casual. "Oh hello there gentlemen!" he greeted. Feeling a wash of lust I hugged both of the lads as he gave them a professional handshake. They both then hugged him at once and he looked perplex. Weird guy.