Chapter Twenty-Nine: "The Other Half"

Romeo's POV:

It was 4 am when dad woke me up. We're leaving Fiore today. I drowsily walked over to the comfort room and washed my face, and brushed my teeth before I changed my clothes. I'm too lazy to take a bath, to be honest.

I grabbed my backpack at travelling bag along with me, and headed downstairs where Natsu and the others are. "Have a safe trip, Romeo. See you in 8 years." Gray smiled at me, and I did the same. "How about Wendy?" Asked Natsu. "Are you going to miss her?" He continued. I sighed. "It'll be alright. Im going to send her mail and stuff anyway." I reply. "Well then, I guess this is goodbye." Says Natsu, who has tears coming out of his eyes. "It wouldn't be. We'll see each other again." I say, and ran to him to give him a really tight hug. After a while, Gray joined in with us.

"Jeez, boys. Can you please be more manly?" Asked my dad from behind. We all pulled away from each other and I smiled at them. "See you soon." I gave my farewells, and left the dorm to head over to my dad who was waiting for me.

We walked over to the train station and just in time, there was a train about to leave. Dad and I took the last available seat before it took off, and I sat on the Window seat. I looked outside as I watch us drive away from Magnolia. I felt tears stream down my face as I remember my cherished moments here. And I still can't believe we had to leave all of a sudden.

ווו×

After a long 8 hour ride, we arrived at our destination at Lunch time. I was really starving since I didn't eat my breakfast yet. "Dad, I'm hungry..." I groaned as we got off the train. "Don't worry, son. We'll be eating at a restaurant with your mom and Remelene. They said they're here waiting for us." He smiled. His eyes widened when he spotted them, and pulled me over. I saw dad hug with a raven haired woman, as I heard her whisper "I missed you, Macao." I felt arms wrap around my shoulder, and I look up to see a teenage girl. She smiled at me. "Hey Romeo." She giggled. I raised an eyebrow. She must be Remelene.

"Hey, Remelene." I slightly smiled back. "Oh, sweet! You still remember my name after all these years." She squealed. "Uh, dad told me about you and your name..." I nervously scratch my head and looked away. Her smile turned into a bored expression. "Oh. That explains it." She sighed.

"Hey you two must be starving. Let's all head to that nearby restaurant." Mom suggested, and we all nodded our heads in agreement. We all walked together towards the restaurant and sat on a table with a paper on top of it which read 'Reserved for Rosaline Conbolt'. Menus were already placed on each corner, for each of us to choose from. I opened the menu and my eyes first landed on the Carbonara. I sighed. It's Wendy's favorite pasta and I miss the times I used to buy her that and watch her eat with a cute face.

I heavily sighed. "Is everything alright, Romeo?" Asked Remelene. I faked a smile and nodded. "Yeah. I just seem to be missing someone." I replied. She squealed loudly and smiled widely at me. "Oh, you have a crush on someone?" She smirked and nudged me by the elbow. "No, she's my girlfriend." I rolled my eyes. Both mom and Remelene were surprised. "You allowed our son to have a girlfriend at such a young age!?" I heard mom scold dad, while Remelene kept her shocked expression. "Man, and I don't even have a boyfriend yet!" She laughed, which I ignored.

The waitress soon came and took our orders. I told her that I'd take the carbonara, since it really just makes me remember about Wen. I really can't stop thinking about her. I miss her so much...

The three of them chatted as I just stayed quiet and daydreamed as I looked out of the window. It really seems impossible for Wendy to just enter the restaurant out of the blue. But I really wish to see her now. And dad being the pain in the ass he is, didn't let me have my time to say goodbye to Wendy. I hope she won't break up with me.

The waitress soon came back along with our orders. I just stared at my food, not having any appetite to eat at the moment. I just want to think about Wendy for a while. There's nothing they can do to make me happy. I really want to see Wendy and with right now's situation...

It's impossible.

--------------

Hey, guys! I just want you guys to read this new Gruvia AU book I made. Go check it out! It's called 'Lockets and Promises' and guaranteed, you'll like it. I promise! It really need some votes so go ahead and give it some! Thanks 😘