Chapter Twenty-One: "Insecured"

Wendy's POV:

I and Romeo went back to the guild, while we held each other's hand with our fingers intertwined. Once we open those guild doors, we were greeted happily by Haru, which has a mild smirk on his face. "Where have you two been?" He asks.

I bit my lower lip and looked away. "We went on a... Date. T-That's all." I mutter. I look at Romeo, which has a smirk on his face, too. Only wider. What's with the smirks on these two?

"Oh, I see." Haru replies. We hear Natsu calling on Romeo from a tanle not far away from us. "Wen, I'll just be going to Natsu-nee for awhile. Be back later." He smiled ag me, and kissed my cheeks softly, making me blush. "Hai." I reply.

Then, Haru hugs me surprisingly. "Ne, W-Wha?!" I ask in confusion. I hear him chuckle, and he puts me down. "Ne, Wendy. You're so cute." He grins, while pinching my left cheek. "No wonder Romeo likes you so much."

I blush. What's with him saying these words? "Anyways, did you enjoy your date?" He asks. I bite my lower lip again, and repeat the things that happened earlier. "Of course I liked my date. Why wouldn't I?" I ask him, and furrow my eyebrows. "Jeez, I'm just asking Wen." He laughs. I laugh back nervously.

"Yea, I better go now." I wave at him, and run outside. I feel my feet being tripped by a big stone. I waited for my body to have contact with the ground, but it had contact with something else. I looked up, and see Romeo with a worried face. "You alright?" He asks, while checking my face.

"Yes, I am fine." I sigh. "But something's weird with Haru. He usually isn't all cheeky and stuff." I saw him stare into my eyes. "Romeo, you're scaring me." I stated, and looked at him with horror. "He harassed you, right?" He asks firmly.

I get out of his grip and shot him a look. "Wha-- Of all the things, why would he harass me? And fyi, that wasn't harassing!" I shout at him. "Well, who knows what that Haru guy could do to you!" He shouts back.

I sigh in defeat. Who knows if Haru had changed. It's been 12 years since I last saw him. And that was when I was five. I also didn't have a chance on seeing him the last time he went to Fairy Tail when I was 12. So Romeo does have a point.

"I guess I need you to stay with me when he's around." I mutter. Who knows how over protective Romeo can be? "Well, you think? I will always be with you. Remember that." He smiles, and kisses my lips deeply. I kiss back, and wrap my arms around his neck.

We pulled apart from each other when we were gasping for air. I hug him and give my thanks to him. "Now let's get you home. I'll walk you there." He says, then wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked toward Fairy Hills.

As we went inside, we saw Erza on the dining table. She was texting on her phone. "Ohayo, Erza!" I call out, and she looks up from her phone. "Hello." She replies, with her voice cracking a little.

"What's wrong?" I ask, while scootched near her. "Nothing. Just a bunch of rumours saying Kagura and Jellal... Are together now." She sighs, while tears fell from her her eyes. I rubbed her back and started comforting her.

"First was Meredy, and now Kagura. There was even a picture of both of them... That kissed." She says, then sobbed louder. When she was done crying, she wiped the tears off her face then stood up from her chair. "I just hope that you found your real love that won't cheat on you, Wen." She gave a hopeful smile then left.

"D-Did she just say that like I wasn't here?!" Romeo glares at the direction Erza walked in and crosses his arms. I giggle. "You know I'll always love you, right?" I asked, and gave out a cheeky grin. He smiled back, and pinched my cheeks. "Yup. I do know that, cutie. And you're mine. Just mine and not anyone else's."

I blushed at his statement and kissed him on the cheeks to shrug it off. "You'll always be the flame that warms my heart within, Romeo."

(⌒▽⌒)

Romeo's POV:

It was night, and Wendy suggested that I should stay with her. I agreed, hoping that my perverted father won't think of those stuff which I still find inappropriate for my age. Even though I'm already 17, I forbid myself to look at those things.

Wendy and Carla seemed to be in a great human-exceed relationship already. They talked all night and I could barely sleep. I'm just happy they're both in good shape again.

I slept on the bed with Wendy, which Carla offered. Carla said that I gained her trust already. Like, dang. I'm not a pervert!

Then I tucked myself in the bed and hugged Wendy, like Haru's there behind us and I'm trying to protect her. I soon dozed off and went to dreamland...