Chapter Four: "Bonding, Maybe?"

Next Day, Romeo Conbolt's POV:

"Aye, Wendy!" I say as I saw Wendy walking towards Fairy Hills. Fortunately, I caught her attention and she was able to look around. Good thing she was not with Carla at this moment. If she was here, I assure you, she'd be scolding Wendy right now for paying attention to me.

"Hm?" Wendy asked and came closer to me. "Can I ask you something?" I asked her and grinned. But before I could say any words further, my heart raced fast and I felt chills ran through my spine. Don't get this lovey-dovey thing get in the way. It's because of nervousness.

"Of course!" She exclaimed and grinned back at me. "Good. Can you go uh..." I say, and stopped when I didn't feel like asking. "Can I go what?" Wendy's smile faded away easily and started to look curious. "Uh, Nothing. Can I just tell you later at the guild, maybe?" I asked. "Sure, Sure." She replied with a straight face and entered Fairy Hills.

"Gosh. How do I ask her..?" I thought and scratched my head. And as I walked my way to the guild, I kicked everything on my way like cans and bottles, and thought about how I could make my way on asking her.

I feel so shy because maybe Carla won't allow her to go and she might cancel. And, I'm doing this because I want to know her better. It's a Fire-Sky thing, I should say. And I could assume that once I open the guild doors, everyone's looking at me suspiciously again and some will gave creepy smiles, which are really creepy.

Upon reaching outside the guild, I stared at the building for awhile and made decisions if I should go inside or not. Decision was made soon, and I went in. Fortunately, everyone was doing what they usually do. Mirajane was cooking, Natsu was eating, Cana drinks, Loke flirts, Erza trains, and Gray was obviously picking a fight with Natsu.

I sighed in relief. Looks like I'm safe today. But it made me feel something that was wrong. Was it because I was expecting for someone to ask questions? Yeah~ maybe that's it. I went over to Lu-chan and smiled. "Kon'nichiwa, Lucy!" I greeted and she instantly faced me and smiled back.

"Oh hey there, Romeo!" She greeted back with a warm smile. Before I could reply, I looked around and then faced back to her. "I-Is anything alright, Romeo?" Lucy asked with a worried look. "Yes. It just seems something is different..." I replied without giving any emotion. "The guild should be the way it should be, right?" She asked again.

"Yes. It is. I'm just waiting for Wendy, that's all." I smiled and bowed in courteousness as I sat on one of the tables next to the windows. And as I was looking outside, I saw Wendy walking outside getting nearer to the guild. Sooner than I expected, she came in and approached Lu-chan. Probably to ask where I am.

In reply, Lucy pointed over to where I'm sitting in, and Wendy approached me and sat across me on the table, as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. "So, Romeo-kun. What was the thing you're supposed to ask me earlier?" She asked seriously. I gulped and looked at her.

Before I let words run out of my mouth, I looked around me and made sure no one was listening. "So, Can we have some bonding or something?!" I asked her and tried not to panic as I looked at her. "O-Of course! If it won't bother!" She exclaimed as she gave me a slight grin.

"Are you available on Saturday?" I asked her and started to play around with my fingers. "Sure!" She smiled at me. "So, where do you want to meet?" I asked her a bit impatiently as I tried to hide it. I don't want to be feeling rude around her.

"The river, maybe?" She suggested as she rested her hand on her palm. I started to think about her suggestion if that would do. To think of it, it looks perfect! The sunset, the sparkling river, and when we look up in the night, we could see stars shining brightly. If Wendy was there, she would not only be one star, but the whole sky. Snap out of it, Romeo!

"That's perfect, Wendy!" I exclaimed and started to imagine that day. "So, bonding on the river at Saturday, 6:00 PM?" Wendy cleared up and got up from her chair. "Yes. And be there!" I say. "Oh, I will be!" She smiled back and left the guild. Probably because Carla told her to leave immediately.