Chapter Thirteen: "Quick Conversation"

Romeo's POV:

It's been a week already since Wendy did her first attempt on trying to get my attention. And stopped two days ago because Carla said she looked like an idiot dancing in the guild. I must say that Carla really has a point there. Although I just don't want to burst it out since I don't want to hurt Wendy's feelings.

I saw Mira approaching me with a blunt smile. I don't think she won't be delivering good news... "Still no luck with Wendy?" She asks. I shook my head shamefully. Like I said before, I don't have the guts to talk to her. Yes, it did happen a week ago, but I just don't think I still have the guts.

"You know, you got a problem in there..." Mira says, almost too eagerly. I look up at her, to see her smiling in a very determined way. "You've got to man up, Romeo!" She exclaims, as she slaps her biceps hard enough to determine me.

"Sounds convincing." I laugh. And she smiles more brightly, a smile that fits her personality better. I stand up, and walk towards Wendy. "Go get her, Tiger!" She shouts, as I reply back with a thumbs up at her.

Wendy is at Team Natsu's table, where Erza, Gray, Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and the exceeds are sitting. I'd hate to disturb them while eating, especially Natsu.

But as the minutes passed by, the others stood up, leaving Wendy alone on the table. I walk nervously to her, like it's my first time to approach a girl. But unfortunately, before I could even reach the table, she stood up and followed her team towards the door.

This is harder than I thought.

I take a glance at Mira to see her signaling me to follow them. I nodded in agreement as I rushed towards the door, feeling the wind touch my skin, and see the group head towards a bakery. Erza must've forced them to buy a cake.

I stay right in front of the building and watch them. God, I feel like a stalker. I saw Erza ordering a strawberry cheese cake like the usual, while Wendy sits on a table by herself with Carla. Now it's my turn to get her attention.

I wave at her and with a simple gesture, she looks at me with a smile. She stands up, and approaches me. As she gets closer by the second, my heart beats faster and faster. Fast enough to make my chest ache.

"Hey, Romeo! What are doing here?" She asks. I can't reply.

She's. Too. Kawaii......

"Erm, I'm just walking by and saw you guys here..." I reply, as I scratch the back of my neck. "A-And I stopped by to say H-Hi..." Well, that's one way to 'edit the truth'. Eh, sort of.

She smiles at me as she pinches one of my cheeks. It hurt a bit but I still managed to smile with it. "I guess I'll see you later, Romeo-kun! I gotta do a two-day mission with Natsu-san and the others!" She says, pointing at the others who were currently buying a cake.

"Good luck!" I smile at her. "A-And, I'll miss you..." I say. I felt my cheeks redden up, realizing what I just said. Ugh, what will she think of you now???

I saw her cheeks heat up, too. She leans in and whispers in my ear. "Hey, I'll miss you too." As the words leave her mouth, her arms take place and hug me tight. I was hesitant to hug her at first, but then I managed to wrap my arms around her.

"Hey, Wendy! Let's go!" A voice from behind calls. She instantly removes her arms around me. And follows the group. She looks back at me then waves. I smile, and wave back at her, while I touched the cheek she pinched earlier.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

I walked in the guild and saw Mira, cooking dinner for everyone at the guild. "Oh, Hey Romeo!" She smiles at me as she shoves some uncooked pizza in the oven. "Well, how was it?" She sits down beside me and smiles.

"W-Well... I could say it's quite a success... I managed to talk to her even for a short time." I say, blushing at the thought of me hugging Wendy. She's so soft like a pillow. "Hey, I can see you blushing! I guess there were more than that~" She smirks at me, making me blush more.

"Meandwendyhugged." I say too fast. But Mirajane managaed to get what I said. "Awh! Well, I'm really supportive to both of you. You've done a good job, my precious little ship! Now, come on and give me a high-five!" She exclaims, as I reach for her hand to give her what she wants.

Maybe me and Wendy WOULD BE a great couple someday!