Chapter Twenty-Three: "Night of Torture"

Romeo's POV:

Instead of going to Fairy Tail, I went to Lamia Scale which is Chelia Blendy's guild. Chelia is one of Wendy's best friends and I'm sure she might know more about Wendy more than I do. I went inside and I was hreeted by the guild master, Ooba Babasaama. He has this wide smirk spreaded across his face as he eyed me from head-to-toe. But his gaze soon stopped at my left shoulder, where my guild mark was located.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" He asks, as he raised an eyebrow. I gulped in fear as I bit the insides of my mouth. "I-I'm here to see Chelia Blendy sir..." I reply, and but my lip as I watched him look around the guild. "That little pinkette, you say? What, is she your girlfriend?" He teased and laughed at me. My eyes widened in shock and shook my head no. "No, sir. She's just a friend of mine." I say calmly, although I am already disgusted from his understanding.

I saw Chelia stand from behind as our eyes met. "Romeo-kun? What are you doing here?" She asked me, as she approached me with a confused look. She looked at Master Ooba and bowed before him. "Will you please excuse us for awhile Master?" She asked with a smile as Master Ooba nodded and walked away. Chelia looked back at me, signalling me to reply back at her question earlier.

"Wendy was kidnapped." I say sternly. My heart ached as I told her the words. It hurts for me to mention her name without her being by my side. No word could describe how much I miss her. "I see." She tapped her chin and thought about something. "I've heard that Haru arrived at Fairy Tail a few weeks ago. Correct?" She asked, and I nodded without any doubt. "Well, we have to go to his secret laboratory before Wendy's dragon slaying magic becomes extracted." She stated, as we went outside the guild.

My eyes widened as a late reaction. My mind processed what she just said before I could speak. "Wait, how did you know that Wendy's magic would be extracted any time soon?" I asked with curiousity. She just laughed and smiled. "I was one of Haru's victims before he went to Fairy Tail. Half of my magic was extracted before Sherry-san and Lyon could save me. It took me a week for my powers to regenerate since I'm not like Wendy who could regenerate her energy immediately. Unlike me, I could only heal my wounds easily." She sighed.

I just smiled at her and patted her back. "Cheer up. On the bright side, you're still doing fine." I chuckled. She just chuckled along and we walked towards the train station. We walked inside and chose the seat at the back. We talked for awhile and told stories about Wendy. She really comforted me at times I felt a bit teary as I tried to reminisce her sweet caresses and laughs. "Don't worry. We'll find her soon. It's just been a day." She gave a reassuring smile, as I forced a smile as well.

After a 3 hour ride to our reached destination, we finally came down to an abandoned site. She lead the way to a dark cave which I assume is the place where Wendy's energy and powers will soon be extracted. "Careful, Romeo. There might be booby traps." She stated, as she looked around suspiciously. I grabbed a stick and gave it a little of my flame and made it a torch. We soon reached to a place where there was a little light. "That must be the laboratory." I whispered softly. She nodded in agreement. "It is."

I took a little peek at the room and saw Wendy trapped in a cage. She was full of wounds and scars, as her tears were there to heat them up. Her hands and feet were tied so she cannot move. "Wendy..." Chelia gasped as sudden tears fell from her eyes. I bit my lip to prevent my teras from falling, but a few made their way out. I took a closer look at the room and didn't see Haru around. "Stay out here and look out for Haru. I'll go inside and free Wendy." I ordered, and she nodded.

I went inside and went straight to Wendy's cage. What have Haru done to my precious angel?! "Wendy. It's me, Romeo." I whisper, as she looked up with her face full of tears and scars. "Romeo..." She forced a smile, but failed. She was too weak even to do so. "I'm going to get you out of here. Don't you worry." I say with an assuring smile, and began burning the iron bars. It took me a while before it started melting. "Hurry!" Wendy whispered as we heard footsteps from behind. "I'm trying!" I reply impatiently, as I tried burning it faster.

"SKY GOD ROAR!" We heard a voice from behind which made Wendy look. I didn't stop. There was no time to waste. But I was distracted by an evil laugh roaring behind me. I look behind and saw Haru carrying Chelia. "Chelia!" Wendy shouted as she looked at Chelia, who is now struggling from Haru's grip. "LET HER GO DAMMIT!" Wendy screamed louder but Haru just laughed at Wendy's appearance.

"Nu-uh, Wendy." Haru wagged his finger. "And I didn't know this little doll I threatened just four weeks ago would be going strong already. Well, since both of these precious girls are here, I might as well extract both of their powers." He laughed evilly. "But I'll start with the bluenette. I want to hear another kind of scream." He smirked, and opened Wendy's cage as he pushed me inside roughly. He had another cage for Chelia, as he tossed her inside.

"And don't even think about escaping." Haru stated, as he electrocuted both me and Chelia. As the lightning bolts ran to my nerves, I screamed as the pain rushed through my body. It's like my senses were disappearing one by one. "ROMEO!!" I heard Wendy screamed with her hoarse voice. I just smiled weakly at her as I laid down at the cage half unconciously. Haru tied Wendy's arms and legs. And the wires he tied her with are connected to four separate tubes.

"Any last words, Romeo?" Haru smirked evilly, as his grip focused on the lever which will begin the extraction. I bit my lip. "Don't do it. Please. I'm begging you." I begged, as tears slid down from my eyes. "Let me think about it... How about no?" He amirked, and pulled the lever. Wendy let out an ear-piercing scream. "No! Wendy!" I whispered to myself since I can't scream. My voice was temporarily gone.

Each second she was in pain, I tried to break free with all my might. Once Haru's plan was finished, it means I'm too late. Both cages were opened then me and Chelia ran to Wendy at once. She was unconcious. "WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!" I screamed as my hoarse voice was heard. Haru just left the room, as we were left crying with an unconcious body in our hands. "Wendy... I'm really sorry..." I sobbed. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from that bastard." I cried more as my tears flooded my face. Chelia just stood there crying as well.

I just closed my eyes tight and felt something caress my cheeks. It was Wendy. "Hush now..." She smiled softly. "Wendy. I'm really really sorry..." I keep chanting but she just smiled. "There, there. It's alright. What matters is that I'm still alive." She reassured, as she kept caressing my cheeks. I cupped her hands which was over my cheek. "But... Your powers... They're gone." I made her remember.

"Powers, or none. What really matters is that I love you, okay." She says, and gave into a kiss. "I love you too..." I mumbled under my breath as we didn't stop kissing. We pulled away, and carried I carried her bridal style. "Let's get you back to the guild." I say. "You guys are so sweet, ne..." Chelia squealed which made me and Wendy chuckle. I let Wendy down and she stood up.

"I hope you don't mind me having short hair..." Wendy says, as she pointed to her bobbed hair cut. I kissed her forehead and smiled. "Don't worry. You'll always be beautiful."