Chapter Twenty-Eight: "Perfect Nightmare"

Romeo's POV:

Wendy and I walked hand in hand towards one of the familiar places we've been to. Yeah, cliché as it is, the River. Again. We both smiled at each other and stared at the stunning view of the early morning. We both sat at the grassy hill as she rested her head against my shoulder. There was a slight unusual feeling since I don't feel her long hair, swaying against my arms anymore. Then I realized, she has her hair in a bob hair cut.

But, I guess my feelings for her just won't change. I love this girl and and feels like she's a big part of my life. I mean, she's my girlfriend and I can't just let her go.

I placed my hand on her chin and slightly pushed her head up from my shoulders. She looked at me as I stared at her violet locks,  as my mind kept flashing back from the time she had blue. I sighed, but looked up at her with a smile. She gave a confused look at me, until a slightly chuckled at placed my lips onto hers. She kissed back at me and we stayed like that for awhile.

"Romeo!" I flinched at someone calling my name, and removed my lips from Wendy's immediately. I looked around and saw my dad. "Dad!? Y-You didn't see that, didn't you?" I ask, referring to the kiss as I felt my cheeks light up. "See what? Oh hell, why am I even wasting my time." He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose. "I need to tell you something important. Wendy, may I excuse Romeo for a while?" Asked my dad, and I saw Wendy nod her head. I gave Wendy a quick kiss on the forehead before standing up and heading towards my dad.

I raised an eyebrow and shot a look at my dad. "What do you want, old man?" I ask him. And yes, that's what I call my dad. He sighed and looked at me with his eyes clearly giving way to show he was about to cry. "Son, we're leaving Fiore. And we won't come back for eight years." I felt myself freeze and my eyes  widen in shock. "D-Dad, what about Wendy?" I ask him and he shook his head as he looked away from me. "I'm sorry, Romeo. But you have to break up with her if you don't want to have a long distance relationship." He sighed. "Can I stay here instead?" I pleaded, but unfortunately, my dad shook his head.

"I just want you to meet the other half of the family, Romeo. Your sister, Remelene, and your mother is waiting for us back there." He smiled warmly. My eyes widened in shock, not believing what I just heard. "What-- I have a sister!? More importantly, mom's alive? I thought you told me that she died even before I was a year old!" I stared at him, as I raised an eyebrow at him. He laughed nervously. "W-Well, uh. I just... You know..." He stuttered, as he scratched the back of his neck. "Used that as an excuse to hook up with other women after she and Remelene left the family?" I rolled my eyes and sighed.

He laughed and nodded his head. "Yeah. Just don't tell that to your mom." He blushed. "Whatever." I crossed my arms and looked down at my feet. "Anyways, dad. I'm staying here. Whether you like it or not." I shook my head. I heard my dad click his tongue in annoyance and that gave me a signal that he's mad. "No, Romeo. You're coming with me, whether you like it or not. Now go home and pack your bags. We're leaving tomorrow." My dad stated and walked away. "Tomorrow!? Seriously, dad!?" I groaned, knowing this will be the last of me seeing Wendy.

"Can I at least talk to Wendy?" I ask him, before he coulf get to far. Dad turned around and shook his head. "House. Now." He says. I stomped my foot in annoyance. "Dad, you're taking me away from the most precious person I have ever had and now, you won't even let me have my last glance at her!?" At shouted, with my hair casting shadows over my eyes. "I love her and I promised to not let her go. But now you're separating me from her. Do you know how much that hurts!?" I shouted louder. I saw him roll his eyes. "10 minutes." Was all he replied and left me. I walked back to where I left waitng, and noticed that she was gone. Where the hevk had she been to?

I ran towards the guild and saw Carla waiting on the bar stool. She instantly flew towards me when she saw me enter the guild. "Oh, thank goodness you're back!" She smiled at me. But then looked around, as if expecting another person. "Where's Wendy?" She asked. My eyes widened. "Wait, she isn't here!?" I suddenly ask. She raised an eyebrow and crssed her arms infront of het chest. Here cones the Carlazilla... "Wasn't she with you? Seriously, Romeo? You made a promise to your girlfriend not to leave her alone and look now! And I shouldn't have trusted you." She shouted at me, causing her eyes to furrow in my direcion.

I sigh in dismay and raised both my hands in surrender. "Carla, I can explain!" I pleaded. She shook hrr head no. "I don't need an explanation! Just go and find her!" She bursted. I shook my head and my hair landed in front of my eyes, causing it to cast a shadow. "I'm sorry I can't." I say, not daring to look up at her glares. "What!? Why not!?" Her voice became louder.

"I'm sorry. I'm leaving Fiore and I won't be back for eight years."