Chapter Eight: "Private Talk"

Wendy's POV:

I felt his hand hold mine. The familiar feeling. The one I like. I got my head up and saw him.

Romeo.

I wonder what he's going to do, with me being dragged around. I kept my head down at the mean time to hide my blushes. I lifted my head up to see where we were going. The place was familiar. Very familiar. The forest. Not just any forest, but the forest where the mages of Fairy Tail went training.

I wonder why he had to drag me all the way here, if all he wanted to do was to talk to me in private. I released my hand from him, making him look back at me and stop. And there I saw him, staring at me with a worried look. I have never seen him like this before. So gentle... So soft.

I shook my head away from my memories, and I breathed heavily. I looked back at him. With his worried look. And there it is again. The tightening feeling from my insides. My stomach clenches, my chest tightens. I can't seem to breathe when I'm around him.

I tried my best to breathe again normally. I faced him. "What are we doing here?" I asked, trying not to be rude. I can't be rude. And I won't.

He scratched the back of his head and gave a slight grin. I sat on the ground and looked back up at him. He followed, by kneeling down to my level. I blushed madly, as I looked away. "W-What do you want?" I say in a ruthless manner. I feel uneasy after saying that. Guilt spreads through me.

He places a hand on my shoulder, and began staring at my eyes, as I made the same exact contact to him. We stayed like for quite a while until my eyes got hurt and got to blink. "You don't seem to be calm... Are you alright?" He asks. I didn't feel like answering. I'm not okay.

I tried to hold my tears back, but then I realized how stupid it is to cry over a simple thing. "I'm okay..." I say softly, that he could barely hear me. I lied. He looked deeply into my eyes again, I looked away avoiding the contact. It makes me feel uncomfortable, yet happy to know that he's there for me.

"You don't look okay. Wendy, just tell the truth. I'm getting worried about you." He says. So it's true. He is worried. I got a little off guard about my emotions. And soon, the tars I was holding back slowly exited from my eyes as the gently rolled in my cheeks.

I felt a finger wipe them. I looked up. He was still there. I can't accept to lie to the one I like. So I have to tell the truth to him. No backing out from lying.

"I-It's just... Ever since... Happy spread out... The wrong information,... Carla can't look at me the way she should be... Kind and thoughtful eyes... The others... started teasing me... Some who even liked you started glaring at me... I just am not used to... Being treated this way... I don't know... Why I can't... Stop getting hurt... At such simple... And little things..." I say in between tears.

I sighed, thinking that he wouldn't understand. But I was wrong. He slightly smiled at me and hugged me. "You aren't the only one who got hurt..." He says, hugging me even tightly. "It's like everything you've been through, I have been there..." He pulled away from the hug, as he sat beside me.

He slightly pulled my head closer to his shoulders, meaning I should lean my head on his shoulders. I did. And it did made me feel more comfortable. I started falling more to him. And this is a private place. But I could not admit for I have cowardice in love. This isn't the right time I can tell him.

He wraps his right arm around my shoulder, as he gestured to look up. I didn't realize it was so dark until now. I looked up and saw stars shining above. Meteors and Shooting stars passed by. He leaned closer to my ear and whispered. "Make a wish"

And so I did.

'I wish I'd have the guts to tell him that I like him.'

I say in my mind. I looked at him, and saw him closing his eyes. I assume he's making a wish as well. I smiled at him.

"And I have a question for you..." He says, leaning his head onto mine. He pointed up at the sky. "Could you find the star that doesn't have any other star surrounding it?" He asked, as I looked around the sky, searching for the star. Moments later, I seemed to give up.

"I couldn't find it." I say hopelessly. He chuckled. "And that's what life is. Never forget that you have friends... As many as the stars that you can't even count them. And never forget they will always be there for you." He says, as he kissed my forehead.

I blushed. I never thought of him saying those words to me. "Thanks for reminding me, Romeo-kun..." I reply. He tightens his grip on me and whispered. "You're welcome. And when you have a problem, you can always count on me..." He replies back.

I leaned closer to him, and I felt sleepy. After a while, I drifted off to sleep, with his shoulders as my pillow, and his arms as my warm blanket.

I wish we could stay like this forever.