Chapter Seventeen: "The Guild Knows"

Romeo's POV:

"What do you mean Mira-san knows?!" Asks Wendy when I told her everything. I shivered in fear. "Mira knows we have a thing." I say coldly. She slaps her forehead knowing the news. This does not look good. "I'm sorry I had to tell her, Wen. She's going to kill me!" I shout, as I tried to calm her.

"Once the guild knows this.... No, ONCE CARLA KNOWS THIS, I'M DOO-" I cut her off by hugging her. She needs to calm down. She hugs me back as I heard her slightly crying. I wipe them away and caressed her back. Well it's an obligation for me to take care of her since I'm her boyfriend.

She pulls away and wiped her excess tears. "Thank you, Romeo." She smiled at me. I smile back at her. "Anything for you, Wendy." I say, and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. Our faces became closer and closer every second. I touched her cheek as I felt her breath against my face.

We were about to kiss when we heard someone shout from behind. "WENDY!" It shouted. We pulled away from each other by instinct and looked away, blushing. We looked to direction of the speaker and it was Carla, Wendy's exceed.

"What in the world do you think you're doing?!" She asks, crossing her arms as she glared daggers at Wendy. "I w-was, u-hh... I mean, We were..." Wendy hesitates. "I don't want to hear it, child. Let's go home." Carla says strictly, as she held on to Wendy's shoulders and flew her back to Fairy Hills.

I gave out an exhausted sigh and entered the guild. As I slammed the door open, I saw everyone cheering, even my dad. I slapped me on the back happily and wrapped the arm he used around my neck. "My boy is finally growing up." He chuckled.

Natsu came along, smiling at me. "Hey! If it isn't Romeo!" He smiled patting my back. Dad left eventually and Natsu somehow did the same thing with what my dad did to me. Don't tell me the others will be doing that, too...

"Romeo, take care of Wendy. Break her heart, I swear I'll be breaking your neck." He crossed his arms at me, making me gulp in fear. "A-Aye, Natsu-nee..." I stutter. He smiled and patted my head before he left me alone. What was that about?!

Soon, Wendy arrived with Carla. A half smile was on her face. Everyone greeted her, and told Carla about us being a thing already. Once those paparazzi's went away, I saw Carla frown at Wendy while scolding her.

Wendy's POV:

As soon Carla was notified about me and Romeo being a thing already, she turned around to me as she glared me daggers. "What do they mean you and Romeo have a thing?!" She shouts, making me cry in fear.

"Romeo's my boyfriend, Charles..." I reply shyly. My statement made her frown more. "WENDY YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND! AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HE COULD DO TO YOU" She shouts.

My eyes started to tear up more. Tearing, knowing that Carla doesn't even trust me. "First of all," I tried to speak up to her. "Carla, I'm Seventeen for goodness' sake. Second, Romeo is not a pervert!" I shout to her, making her frown more.

"And don't bother living with me anymore." I say, wiping the tears away from my face. Carla suddenly comes in front of me, giving me a hard slap on the face. "Defending your boyfriend, eh? I can't believe you, Wendy. Choosing Romeo over family." She says, flying away from me.

While she was still near, it was my only chance to shout back at her. "You aren't my family, Carla! You aren't my mother!" I scream, as tears flowed from my eyes. It's pain I'm feeling, not guilt.

I walk to Romeo's table, still teary eyed. I cover my face with my shoulders wrapped around it. "You okay, Wen? He asks, as he patted my back. I shook my head no. I hear Natsu running towards us, as I felt him sit beside him.

"That was a scene you made out there, Wendy..." Natsu says, sounding angry. Whatever he says, I counted him as my 'brother' since Grandeneey and Igneel are somehow related. "I'm sorry Natsu." I sigh under my breath. I can sense he's smiling at me. "That's okay, Wendy. But it's Carla you should be saying sorry to."

"Never in a million years." I say. He takes hold of my hips to make me sit up straight and make me look at him. "Wendy..." He says in a slightly angry voice. "I'm your brother."

"Whatever, bro." I say, taking emphasis in the word 'bro'

We suddenly hear the door swing open. A familiar person stood there. "Hello, Fairy Tail." He voiced out. He was wearing casual clothes and had a large sword by his waist. Silver hair, and a young face.

"H-Haru-nii? You're back?!"