Sixty-Seven: Bec's Birthday (Part 3): Roses

[Rebecca]

"Enjoy your evening," Roger says after opening the door for us.

"Thank you, Roger," I step out of the car and Ashley follows me.

We walk towards a doorway that has silver ribbons and crystals decorating it. I step up to the door and it swings open, revealing my little brother in a black button up, grey pants, and a silver tie.

"Jacob, you look so handsome!" I compliment him.

"You look pretty," he smiles up at me. "Please follow me."

I turn my head to look at Ashley, but she isn't there anymore. I'm nervous, confused, and ecstatic all at the same time.

I follow Jacob down long hallway, decorated in multicolored rose petals and silver glitter scattered across the floor and silver ribbons and crystals hanging on the walls.

When we reach the end of the hallway, Jacob opens another door, which reveals a large ballroom. I can see people outlining the perimeter of the room, but the only person I'm looking at is Ashton standing in the middle of the room in a black tux with a burgundy tie and a bouquet of different colored flowers in his arms.

Jacob steps out of the way and joins some people against the wall. Leading from the doorway to the where Ashton is standing in the middle of the room are two rows of small candles and more rose pedals on the floor.

He did all this for me?

I smile and walk down the small aisle towards my boyfriend as Elvis's song 'Can't Help Falling in Love with You' begins to play. It's the song that was playing when he first told me he loves me and we shared our first kiss.

I stand in front of him, but I don't say anything. I mean, what do you say when your boyfriend spends so much time and money just for your birthday? A simple 'thank you' doesn't seem to suffice.

"Roses are the most popular flower in terms of showing people affection," he says. "Different colored roses have different meanings."

He picks a lavender rose from the bouquet and extends his arm, giving me the flower.

"A lavender rose represents love at first sight. From the moment I first laid eyes on you, I've loved you with everything I have."

He picks a second rose, a red one, and gives it to me.

"A red rose represent love, courage, and respect. You are the most courageous person I've ever met. You have been through so much, and because of that, you have gained respect from many people. It's just one of the many reasons why I love you."

He picks a dark burgundy rose and gives it to me.

"A burgundy rose represents unconscious beauty. I know that you sometimes have a hard time seeing your beauty, but you are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on."

I feel tears rise to my eyes as he proceeds to give me a pink rose.

"A pink rose represents gratitude and admiration. I am so thankful you have come into my life and I am thankful that you accidentally texted the wrong number that day," I let out a giggle as a tear drips down my cheek. "I admire you for being so loving, courageous, caring, and accepting of anybody."

He gives me a yellow rose from the bouquet.

"A yellow rose represents joy. You make me the happiest man in the entire world."

He gives me another yellow rose, but this one has red tips.

"A yellow rose with red tips represents falling in love. Every single day, every time I lay my eyes on you, every time I think about you, I fall even more in love with you than the moment before. I couldn't imagine my life without you."