Fifty: Moving Day and Paparazzi

[Rebecca]

Today is the day I've most dreaded. 

The end of August came quicker than expected, and I'm currently standing at the airport with Danielle and her family.

I stand silently to the side while I watch Danielle's parents cry and bid her goodbye.

"Remember to call us as soon as you arrive," Ellen, Dani's mother, sniffles and holds tightly onto Dani's shoulders.

"Don't talk to strange men and avoid Wall Street," James, her dad, says. He isn't crying, but I can tell that he is holding some tears back.

"Remember, we will send you money every month," Ellen says.

They continue reminding her of little things and saying how much they'll miss her.  Finally, it's my turn to say goodbye.

"I'm gonna miss you," I say, unable to hold back the tears that had been threatening to spill.

"I'm gonna miss you, too," she says, and immediately hugs me.

"You've been there for me through tears, heartbreak, laughs, my first fans, and so many more things I can't even name right now.  You have always been by my side, but now you'll be on the other side of the world. I don't know what I'll do without you. You're my best friend, Dani. You're my sister."

"And I always will be, Bec. You're the sister I never had.  You have been by my side just I have, yours.  We may be on opposite sides of the world, but we'll always be beside each other at heart," she gives me a soft smile as a tear slips her eye.

"You better call me every day, even if I'm asleep," I chuckle as another tear slips down my cheek.

"Obviously," she said smiling as he hugs me again.

"Now boarding Flight 197 to New York City, New York," a female voice says over the speakers.

"Well, that's my cue," she says.  We all gather in a group hug before saying our last goodbyes.

I watch her as she walks into the terminal and turns back and waves one last time before disappearing as she boards the plane.

"She's going to do great at NYU," I say to Ellen and James, trying to lift the mood.  They nod and smile.

"Yeah, she is," Ellen says. "I'm glad that she's happy. That's all a mother could ever want."

I nod and force a smile. Not all mothers.

"Just remember that you're always welcome at our house when you need a place to stay," James says. "You're like another daughter to us."

"Thank you both so much," I smile and hug them. "You guys are like second parents to me." Parents that actually care.

"Would you like to come over for dinner?" Ellen asks.

"No, thanks," I smile. "I'm kind of tires, so I'm going to head home."

"Alright, sweetie, just call us if you need anything," she says. I smile and nod and walk out to my car, ready to leave the airport. Alone.

****

I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do right now.

I'm currently sitting on my bed eating a tub of ice cream to distract me from the fact that Dani isn't here anymore.  

Normally, I would be out with Danielle sitting inside a coffee shop and looking out the window, making fun of some of the girls' skimpy outfits as they pass by.

Now, I'm sitting in the flat that the boys and I share and I am completely alone. All of my friends are gone. I won't have the boys for another month or so.

I walk into the kitchen and put the ice cream in the freezer, deciding it's time to eat some real food.  Wow, my diet is very unhealthy.

Everything in stock is complete junk, because of my pregnant cravings. I really need a salad.

I grab my sweater and my pick up my keys and walk out of the flat and go down the lift.  I smile at the nice old doorman Paul as I walk out of the glass double doors of the lobby and into the crisp August air.  Since it feels so good today, I stuff my keys in my pocket and decide to walk to the market, since it's only down the road.

As I walk down the street, I can feel people staring, but I try my best to ignore it. After about 5 minutes, I finally make it to the market and I walk inside. I grab a basket and walk the aisles, picking some fruits and vegetables, along with some juices and sodas.

I quickly check out and walk back outside, making my way back to the flat.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see some flashes, and I turn my head to see that some paparazzi have spotted me. Great.

Before I know it, I'm surrounded and I can barely see where I am going. Why are they even following me? I'm definitely not as famous as the boys are.

I try and push my way through the crowd but I can't. I hear lots of questions, but I don't answer them (that's something that Ashton told me to do).

"Rebecca, how are the babies?"

"Rebecca, can I do a quick interview?"

"Rebecca, how do you feel knowing that Ashton cheated on you?"

I couldn't help it. The last one made me turn my head. I shot the man who questioned me a look of confusion and anger.

"Ashton wouldn't cheat on me," I spit. Some of the crowd starts quieting down to listen to me speak.

"Have you not seen the picture?" he asks, pulling out his phone.

"What picture?"

He shows me his phone and I almost faint.

It's a picture I never would have thought I'd ever see.

Sure enough, my boyfriend, Ashton Irwin, is kissing another girl while holding a bottle of beer.

I feel tears form in my eyes as I look closer at the picture. Surely my eyes are mistaking me.

They're not.

And he's not kissing just any girl, either.

He's kissing Cassidy Pierce.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

things are getting juicy

~Hannah🍺

[not edited]

[i hate school]

[but srsly stay in school kids]