Sixty-Six: Bec's Birthday (Part 2): Scavenger Hunt

if you haven't read the updated version of chapter 65, go back and read it. i added something important to the end of it.

[Rebecca]

"Forever is a long time," I sing silently and strum my guitar as I practice my new song. I haven't posted any originals in quite a while. I'm surprised I still have fans. I stop when my phone dings a few times. I look down and see that I got 4 new messages.

Mikey: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCCCC I LOVE YOU BEST FRIEND

Mikey: hi becca this is Jacob happy birthday i love you big sis

Giraffe Boy: Happy Birthday Bec! Hope your day is wonderful! I'll see you soon! :-)

Cal-Pal: happy birthday to yoooouuuu!!! love you little sis!

I smile and reply to each of the messages.

"Hey, Babe," Ashton comes into the room. I look up. "I have a quick meeting to go to, but I left a surprise for you on your bed."

"Okay," I stand up and smile and walk towards him. "What time will you be back?"

"I'm not sure hopefully soon," he says. I nod and kiss him softly.

"Are you okay?" He asks. "We haven't really talked about earlier."

"I don't want to think about it right now," I sigh and blink away the tears pricking my eyes.

"Okay, I'll see you in a little bit, then. Call me if you need me," he says and walks out of the room. I follow right behind him.

"I'll see you later. I love you," I say.

"I love you, too," he says with a smile.

I sigh heavily as the door shuts and I walk to my room. Why would they call him for a meeting on today of all days?

I walk in my room and freeze when I see the surprise sitting on my bed-- or should I say, the person sitting on my bed.

"Y-you're," I stutter, unable to complete my sentence.

"Hi," the girl laughs. I've seen her plenty of times on social media, but never have I met her in person. "I'm Halsey, but you can call me Ashley!"

(Idk anything about Halsey I just know her and 5sos know each other. pls don't hate me)

"Hi," I squeak. What a great first impression. I clear my throat and speak again. "Sorry, I'm just a really big fan. I'm Rebecca, but you can call me Bec," I smile widely at her.

"Yeah, Ashton told me you were a huge fan and he wanted me to surprise you," she grinned. "You're just as pretty as he described you!"

"Thank you," I blush and smile. "And you're gorgeous, too!"

"Thank you! So, I have a list of things to do today, all being paid for by your lovely boyfriend," Ashley smiles and pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket. "First, a trip to the salon!"

"What about the kids?"

"That's already taken care of, somebody very trustworthy picked them up, but you'll find out who later," she smiles. "Now let's go!"

****

"You look beautiful!" Ashley says as I stand up from the salon chair. I got my nails painted silver and my hair curled. They even did my makeup for me! I went for a burgundy smoky eye look and matching matte lipstick. They used the Kylie lipstick, because that stuff stays on all day.