Twenty-Six: Verizon, Suckers

IMPORTANT: someone pointed out that it's strange that Dani automatically assumed that Rebecca was kidnapped, and looking back, I should've been more clear. Dani knows Rebecca and she knows that most likely she wouldn't run away or take her anger out by breaking things. Dani also tends to jump to conclusions. Sometimes she may be right, but sometimes she may be really wrong. You'll find out more about this quality about her later on in the story. :-)

anyways, enjoy the chapter ❤️

****

[Rebecca]

-6 hours of being trapped-

Honestly, what's the point in kidnapping someone?

And why is there no food?

You'd think that if someone wanted you for themselves they'd at least a feed you. This is ridiculous.

This place is filthy, the bed is uncomfortable, and there is no cell signal.

At least, that's what I've been told. I haven't turned my phone on yet.

What if...?

I search through my bag, pull out my phone, and quickly turn it on.

When the screen lights up with my lockscreen, I see that I have one bar.

Boom! Verizon, suckers.

It may only be one, but it's enough for me.

I dial the first number that pops in my head and press the phone to my ear.

"Rebecca?" Danielle asks frantically. It sounds like she's been crying. There are lots of voices in the background, but they become inaudible as Dani hushes them all.

"Danielle," I begin. My voice comes out shaky. Man, it's cold in here.

"Oh thank God you're alive! I'm putting you on speaker," she pauses for a moment before speaking again. "Where are you?"

"I– I don't know," I say quietly, hoping that Brady doesn't hear.

"Rebecca Mitchell? I'm Officer Paul Orders, please walk me through everything that happened," an unfamiliar voice says.

"Well, Danielle and Ashton had just left my house," I begin quietly. "A few minute later my doorbell rang. It was my ex-boyfriend, Brady McRae. He just came in without permission. I tried asking him to leave, but he wouldn't, so I asked him why he was here. He kept asking why I left him," I spent the next five minutes telling more if the story. I told them all about my past with Brady. I told them how I kept leaving, but every time I would come back out of fear, but one day I finally left and didn't come back. I told them about our whole conversation downstairs and everything that happened when I ran upstairs. I told them everything I heard in Brady and Kade's conversation, and finally, how I am currently sitting in a cold, filthy, smelly basement with no food. I found myself crying halfway through the story.

"Okay, thank you for the information," he pauses for a minute and I hear voices muttering back and forth again. "We will work on tracking your call, now, please stay on the line."

"Babe, are you being a good girl?" Brady sneers. I hear his heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

"He's coming, oh God, he's coming," I panic in a small whisper.

"Ma'am, stay calm, I will put this line on mute, please put the phone on speaker so we can listen for any clues," Officer Orders says. I quickly do as he says and I place my phone in my open bag, trying to make it look like I haven't done anything with it.

I scoot across the bed, close to the pillows, right as he comes in.

"What are you doing, darling?" he asks in a sweet tone. I know him enough, though, to know that he is faking. He just wants me to fall for him again. But nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever make me fall for him again.

"N-nothing," I stutter. Nice job, Bec, not obvious at all.

"Well, Kade is gone, so it looks like we have some alone time," he sneers as he slide next to me on the bed and pulls me onto his lap.

"No, Brady, stop," I try to push him away, but he's to strong. His grip around my waist tightens as he starts kissing my neck. "Brady, please."

"More?" He asks with a smirk as he pushes me down on the bed, so I'm lying on my back.

"No, Brady, please!" I cry. This cannot be happening. I refuse to let this happen. I fight even harder as his hand runs up my shirt.

He stops when a voice is heard from the other side of the bed. It's not very loud, but it sounds like someone crying or yelling.

My phone.

"What the—" He stands up and walks to the end of the bed, pulling my phone out of my bag. "You were trying to call for help, weren't you?" he says angrily.

I don't respond.

"Wrong move, Rebecca," he growls. "Now you're going to have to be punished."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

I am currently babysitting my grandpa.

this is what my life has come to.

comment and vote ❤️

~Hannah 😶