Fifty-Seven: Tour Bus

[Ashton]

"Wait, so how are you here and not in America?" Rebecca asks as I run my fingers through her hair.

"We has a three day break in between two of our shows," I reply. She hums in understanding and lays her head on my chest. We are now back at our apartment and lying on my bed.

"I don't want you to leave again," she says softly.

"What if you come with me?" I ask, not giving it a second thought.

"Am I allowed to do that?" she looks up at me with a sudden interest and hope in her eyes.

"Of course," I smile. Honestly, I'm not sure, but I can convince management to let her come along.

"But," her smile drops a little. "Won't I just be a bother?"

"Baby, of course not," I chuckle. She gives me a small smile and lays her head back on my chest again.

"Okay," she says after a moment of silence.

"Okay, what?"

"I'll go with you back to the States," she smiles.

"Yes!" I reply excitedly and hug her tightly. "Oh, I'm so excited! You're going to love it so much! Oh, I should tell the boys!"

"Wait," she says. I stop reaching into my pocket and look at her. "Let's just surprise them."

"Oh, yeah!" I reply. "Wait, how should we surprise them? We've got to plan something big."

She looked pensive for a minute before her eyes lit up. "Are you a good actor?"

[Michael]

To say I was upset with Ashton would be an understatement.  He didn't even tell us that he was leaving. He just took a cab to the airport. We have a show in 2 days and he's in Australia!

Now, I understand he had good intentions in leaving. He wanted to get Rebecca back, which I hope he does. I can't stand seeing him so upset. He barely participates in the concerts. Of course, he's played, but that's it. He only played; he hasn't spoken in between songs.

"Do you know when Ashton is going to be back?" Calum asks. "I miss him."

"I hope soon," I reply.  My phone starts ringing and I see that it's Ashton. "Well, speak of the devil. Hello?" I answer my phone.

"I'm about to board the plane to come back," he says coldly. I sigh, because this could only mean one thing.

"Did things not go well?" I ask hesitantly.

"She hates me Mikey. She won't listen," he says with no emotion. This girl has no clue the effect she has on him.

"I'm sorry, man," I sigh.

"I'll call you when I land," he says.

"Okay, bye, Ash," I reply. He hangs up without a response.

"No luck?" Calum frowns. I shake my head.

"When we get back to Australia, I swear  Rebecca will wish she had given him a chance," Calum says angrily.

"Okay, calm down," I say. "You sound like you're going to fight her."

"What? No, of course not. I was just going to sit down and have a discussion as to why she is being so stubborn," he says. I chuckle and shake my head in response.