Forty-Three: Sick

[Rebecca]

"Hey, babe?" I call Ashton from in the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I hear him call back from the living room.

"Come here, please," I call.

The past month has gone by pretty quickly. I finished school last week and graduation it two days away. I also started walking yesterday, and I'm so grateful to be off of those crutches and out of the cast. Now, I'm just wearing an ugly black boot for support.

After the night we watched the sunset, Ashton and I grew even closer than before, exchanging kisses and 'I love you's whenever possible.

My family hasn't tried to contact me, and I'm still trying to think of a way to get Jacob out of that house. I don't want him to grow up being ignored like I was.

"Yes, princess?" Ashton peeks his head around the corner and smiles at me.

I let out a heavy sigh and stare at the girl in the mirror in front of me. I look awful. My face has paled and I've been vomiting like crazy lately, but I haven't told any of the boys. In addition to that, I've gained quite a bit.

Ashton frowns and walks into the bathroom. He stands behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"What's the matter, my love?" Ashton asks as he rests his chin on my head.

"Do you think I look fat?" I mutter, staring at my stomach.

"Baby, why would you think that?" he furrowed his eyebrows and frowned at me.

"I'm just not as skinny as the models in the magazine," I frown. "You could have any girl in the world. There are plenty of girls who are much skinnier than me and I've gained weight in the past few weeks and—"

"Okay, first," he cuts me off, "You can't compare yourself to those other girls. A lot of those 'other girls' usually starve themselves. A lot of models are very unhealthy. Second, I chose you because I love you, and I will always choose you. You are the most beautiful girl in the world. I don't care about how much you weigh. You could be 1,000 pounds and I'd still love you," he spins me around to face him. I am pressed in between the counter and Ashton's torso. His hands are on the counter on either side of me. "You've got a beautiful heart, Bec. You are sweet to everybody and you are so loving and caring. You have the most amazing laugh that could light up anyone's day. You are beautiful because you're you, and I love you."

"Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you?" I whisper and wrap my arms around him. He returns the gesture.

"Not as lucky as I am to have you," he says and presses his lips against mine briefly.

"I love you so much, Ashton Fletcher Irwin," I say.

"I love you more, Rebecca Lynn Mitchell," he giggles and pecks my lips again. His freaking giggle melts my heart.

"I love you most," I lean in to kiss him again, but the door flies open, and our heads snap to towards the door and see Michael looking down at his phone. He looks up and sees how close Ashton and I are and his face turns read.

"Oh, uh, sorry," he says, giving us a guilty smile. "Continue!" He leaves the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

"Way to ruin the moment, Michael!" I shout. Ashton chuckles. I slide out of Ashton's grip and he groans.

"But I wasn't done!" he whines.

"It just means the anticipation will make it that much better next time," I wink at him as I slip out of the bathroom.

I walk into the living room and he calls out to me.

"But I want to make out now!" he complains. I laugh and walk into the kitchen, where the 3 other boys attention is turned towards me.

"Okay, TMI," Luke says, causing me to laugh again.

Ashton walks in with a grumpy look on his face.

"Heeeyyy, Ashton," Michael says nervously.

"I'm not speaking to you," Ashton glares at him. "Don't you guys have friends or girlfriends to bother?"

"No," Michael says.

"Not really," Calum says at the same time.

"Arzaylea and I broke it off yesterday," Luke says. Ashton's face softens and the boys all frown.

"Oh, I'm sorry, man," Ashton says.

"It's no big deal," Luke waves it off. "I wasn't really happy with her anyways. I think she was using me."

(i've got nothing against Arz, it's just for the story)

"Oh," Ashton says, not knowing what else to say.

My stomach starts grumbling and I start to feel extremely nauseous.

"Are you hungry?" Luke chuckles. I can feel my face pale (more so than it was before).

I shake my head rapidly and dart towards the bathroom, and I hear Ashton close behind me. I sling the door open and kneel in front of the toilet. As soon as I lift up the lid, I vomit my guts out. I feel my hair being lifted off of my shoulders and I know that it's Ashton.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" he asks in confusion and panic.

"Yeah, I'm—"

I am cut off when I start vomiting again.

"No, no you're not," he says.

"Ashton, I'm fine," I cough and tear some toilet paper off of the roll and wipe my mouth. "I've been doing it a lot in the past 2 weeks, but I feel fine right after."

"Babe, why didn't you tell me?!" he asks, sounding upset.

"I didn't want to worry you!" I reply with my head still hovering over the toilet.

"It's my job to worry, Bec! I'm your boyfriend! I can't let anything happen to you!"

"Ash, I'll be fine!" I try to convince him, but I end up vomiting once more.

"No, I'm taking you to the doctor," he says. I see him grab a ponytail from the counter and he pulls my hair back. He grabs the trash bin next to the toilet and removes the bag inside of it. He ties it up and grabs another bag from under the counter and puts it in.

"Here, take this," he says. I take the bin from him and he helps me up from the floor. I wipe my mouth once more before throwing the toilet paper in the toilet and flushing.

"Hold on a minute," he says. She disappears into my bedroom and comes out a moment later with a flip flop for my good foot. He drops it on the floor and I slip my foot in.

"Guys, I'm taking Bec to the doctor," Ashton says as he grabs his keys and slips on his jacket.

"Are you okay?" Calum asks.

"I'm fine," I grumble.

"No, you're not," Ashton says flatly. He places his hand at my lower back and guides me out of the flat.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

what do y'all think is wrong with Bec? leave a comment what you think

~Hannah😷