Sixteen: I've Missed You

[Rebecca]

It took a lot in me to give Ashton another chance. I didn't want to at first, honestly, but I think part of me knew all along that Ashton isn't like the other "friends" I've had in the past.

I don't know what it is about him, but I don't think I could've hated him forever, anyways. He's got something that attracts me to him.

"Rebecca, did you hear me?" I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Ashton's talking to me.

"What? Sorry," I give him a sheepish smile.

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" he chuckles.

"Oh, chocolate chip cookie dough, please," I say to the girl behind the counter. She nods and presses a few buttons on the cash register, all while checking out Ashton and biting her lip in attempt to flirt with him. I mentally roll my eyes as I pull out my wallet and take out some money.
"No, it's okay, I've got it," Ashton rests his hand on my arm and gives me a small smile.

"But-"

"I've got it Bec," he nods. I sigh and put my wallet away as he gives money to the girl, completely oblivious the look she is giving him.

"Then, I'm getting you next time."

"You can try," he winks at me. I feel my heart flutter but I ignore it. I look at the girl and see her glaring at me as she gives Ashton and I our ice cream.

"Smile, sweetie, jealousy doesn't suit you," I say with a small smirk as I turn around and walk to the table where the rest of the guys are looking at me shocked and Dani is simply smiling.

"What?" I ask a bit confused. Ashton soon appears next to me with a huge grin on his face.

"I was definitely not expecting that," Calum chuckles.

"That was awesome!" Ashton says, unable to hold back his laughter.

"Rebecca is a bit sassy," Dani laughs quietly. She pauses for a second before saying, "if you haven't noticed." Everybody laughs.

"She deserved it!" I laugh along. "Did you see the glare she was giving me?"

"Oooooh, yeah," Michael says chuckling.

We all sit at the table joking for a few minutes before the bell above the door to the ice cream shop rings and Danielle's face pales and she suddenly stops laughing.

"Dani, are you okay?" Michael asks, concern written on his face. Everybody stops talking and looks at Dani. I look towards the door and my heart stops when I see the guy that I haven't seen or thought about in a few months. I had finally pushed him out of my mind when Ashton and I started talking.

"Bec?" I hear Ashton's voice but I don't reply. Words can't seem to form in my mouth.

That's when he notices me.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here." He smirks. Everybody's eyes turn to the voice. I stand up and back away out of old habit.

"I've missed you, babe."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

ooOOOO NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE

QOTC: Who do you think that guy is and what do you think is going to happen?

Follow, Vote, COMMENT!💕

~Hannah🇺🇸

PS HAPPY [LATE] FOURTH OF JULY ❤️💙