Thirty-Four: Exhausted

[Rebecca]

I haven't said much since the boys rescued me. Honestly, I don't know what to say. I did thank them immensely, though.

Now, we're on our way to Danielle's house. Michael, Luke, and Calum were all staying in a hotel, but after I talked to Dani over the phone, she said Ashton and I could stay at her house.

It's nothing against the other boys, but I'm a lot closer than Ashton than I am with the other boys (I mean, considering he's my boyfriend and all).

The medics wanted me to go to the doctor, but I told them I'd go tomorrow. I'd honestly rather spend time with my friends and sleep in a real bed then sleep in a hospital bed right now.

It was relatively quiet on the way back to Danielle's house, with the exception of Luke and Calum quietly making jokes in the back seat. I was in the front seat with Ashton, and Michael looked like he was in deep thought as he stared out the window in the back. Well, Ashton looked like he was in pretty deep thought as well. I just couldn't tell what either of them are thinking about.

I don't think anybody knew what to say.

"I'm gonna take you guys back to the hotel," Ashton said. "I'm sure Rebecca is exhausted and wants to sleep." I smile at him gratefully and he smiles in return.

"It's good to see you again, Rebecca," Calum says as we arrive at the hotel and they start getting out of the car.

"Yeah, just get some rest and I hope you feel better," Michael smiles. Luke waves and they all head inside.

"Rebecca, can I ask you something?" Ashton asks nervously. "Did he– you know–"

I look down at my bare legs. I couldn't take the blanket with me because it belonged to the medics.

"I don't know," I sigh in response. "I had passed out. When I woke up, my shorts had been cut off of me." I could feel tears pricking my eyes. I honestly think I was raped by Brady. "Maybe."

Ashton doesn't respond for a few moments.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there," he finally whispers.

"No, Ashton, it's okay, it's not your fault," I say, placing my small hand on his large, muscular arm. I feel his arm relax at my touch.

"I just," he pauses. "I wish I found you earlier."

"You came for me, though, and you found me. It's over now."

He gives me a small nod as we arrive at Danielle's house. He steps out of the car and comes around to my side and opens my door for me. He helps me out and as I stand up, I groan in pain.

"Here, let me carry you," He says.

"No, I'm too heavy," I say. I gives me a disapproving look.

"Rebecca, no you're not, let me carry you," he says as he lifts me up before I can argue any further and carries me bridal style. I tell him he can open the door, and he does, then he carries me up to Danielle's room.

"Rebecca!" Danielle silently squeals as Ashton opens her doors and nudges it open with his foot. Ashton gently puts me onto the bed and Danielle wraps her arms around me gently.

"Hi," I say in a small voice. We both end up sitting there for a few minutes, just crying into each other's shoulders how much we've missed the other.

"You should probably take a shower," she finally says. I smile and nod as I get up, trying to ignore the pain, and shuffle towards her dresser. I grab some Nike shorts and a random t-shirt and I go into the bathroom, take a towel out of the cabinet, and start my shower.

As the shower starts to heat up, I look in the mirror and notice how awful I look. My hair is a matted mess, I'm covered head to toe in dirt and ash, and I've lost weight. I simply look horrendous. The weight-loss part, I'm not too upset about. I have actually been wanting to lose weight. Of course, I'm still not as skinny as I would like to be.

I sigh and turn away from the mirror, stripping off my clothes and getting into the shower.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

i want this story to speed up so i might post another chapter later(don't hate me if i don't though ily)

tell me what you think so far though:

questions:

comments:

advice/critique:

i love you all my beautiful devoted readers💕

~Hannah😘