Twenty-Seven: Tracking

[Ashton]

"Who does he think he is?!" I yell to know one specifically.

"Ash," Michael says.

"He thinks he can just mess around with my girlfriend like- like she's some kind of toy?!"

"Buddy," Calum says.

"I've finally gotten her to be mine, and now- and now- she's just gone, just like that! All because of some psycho ex!"

"Ashton-"

"He's already put her through so much! So much crap that I wasn't there for! She deserves so much more that how Brady has treated her! God, he makes me sick! When I find him–"

I am cut off by a pain on my cheek and hands gripping my shoulders. It takes me a moment to realize it's Luke.

"Ashton!" he yells. "Calm down! We're going to find her, and she's going to be okay! Freaking out like this isn't going to help solve the problem, now is it?"

I frown and let out a heavy sigh.

"No, I guess you're right."

One of the officers nods at Luke appreciatively and turns back to the officer with the computer.

When I find that Brady guy, I swear he's going to regret everything he ever did to hurt her.

That's my girl, and I'm not going to let him get away with this.

"Were you able to find the location?" Luke asks.

"He cut the call too short. We only know that wherever it is, it's about 10 minutes West of here."

"10 minutes West," Danielle mutters to herself. "I think Brady's house is about 10 minutes West."

"Do you really think he's that stupid to bring her to his own house?" Calum asks. Dani shrugs.

"It's worth a shot," Michael comments.

"Lead the way," Officer Orders instructs Dani. She nods and we all follow her outside. The cops all her in their cars (there were four policemen total and two cars). The boys and I pile into Dani's car. I sit in the passenger seat and Luke, Michael, and Calum sit in the back seat.

Danielle pulls out first, and the cops follow behind us.

When we arrive at a small house, the police get out and come to the window of Dani's car and she rolls it down.

"We are about three minutes off with this location, but we will check just in case," a cop, Officer Matthews I think, says. "And for safety precautions, I'm going to need you all to stay in the car."

The four officers walk up to the front door and knock loudly.

The door opens, revealing a lady who looks to be in her early 40's.

"Um, hello, officers," she says nervously (luckily, they have an extremely small front yard, so we are able to hear the conversation clearly).

A man around the same age suddenly appears behind her.

"Do we have a problem?" The man asks.

"Are you the parents of Brady McRae?" one of the officers asks.

The couple look at each other nervously.

"Yes, what happened?" Brady's mother asks, playing with a dishrag in her hands.

"We have a warrant for his arrest for the kidnapping of Rebecca Mitchell."

"Wha- What do you mean?" the woman suddenly bursts into tears. Anger fills Brady's fathers face. "I thought he loved her? Why would he-" she doesn't finish her sentence, instead she turns and sobs into Mr. McRae's shirt.

"I'm sorry to say that he is not here. I don't know where he is," Mr. McRae says stiffly. The officers thank him and walk back to the cars.

"Is there any other place nearby, maybe an abandoned building?" Officer Orders asks as he reaches Danielle's car.

She concentrates for a moment before realization flashes across her face. She looks towards the end of the road, where the houses stop at a sort of dead end, but the road trails off as a smaller dirt road.

She looks up at the officer.

"Follow me."

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

okay so I'm from Louisiana, and I use the word "y'all" often, so it's so hard to write without using that word 😂 so if y'all see it anywhere in the story where I might've missed it and didn't edit it out, just ignore it lol. it's out of habit 😂

btw do we have any Cameron Dallas fans in here? I have another story I'm working on (with slow updates) called "Adopted by Cameron Dallas", it on my page, y'all should check it out !😝

anyways, please tell your friends about "Trust the Wrong Number"! it would mean a lot!:-)

~Hannah📕