Forty-Eight: Genders and Reveals

[Rebecca]

"Rebecca Mitchell," the nurse appears at the door of the waiting room. I smile and follow her into the hallway and straight to the ultrasound room.

It's been a month since Ashton and the boys left for their tour and it is finally time to find out what genders I am having, and somehow, someway, fans still haven't figured out that I'm pregnant.

"Hello, Ms. Mitchell, lovely to see you again," another nurse, who is sitting at the machine, smiles.

"Please, call me Rebecca," I send her a friendly smile.  She smiles and nods.

"You know what to do, Rebecca," she smiles and gives me the tube of gel to rub on my stomach.  I lift my hoodie (well, Ashton's hoodie) and my shirt up above my stomach and rub the gel across it.

"Alright, let's see what we have here," she says as she places the small object in her hand onto my stomach.  "Alright," she trails off as she looks onto the screen. "It looks like that one is a girl," she touches the screen and points to an image of one of the babies on the screen. I smile to myself. I've always wanted a girl.

"And, the second one," she moves the object on my stomach. "is a boy!"

"Yay!" I can't help but get excited.

"Congratulations, Rebecca," she nurse smiles at me.

[Ashton]

I hear my phone start to ring and I pick it up to see that Rebecca is FaceTiming me.  I suddenly remember that she had her appointment today.

"Hey, princess," I smile as I answer the call.

"Hey, babe!" She says excitedly. "You're all sweaty," she scrunches up her nose and I laugh.

"I just finished a show a few minutes ago," I chuckle. "Hey, at least you can't smell the dressing room."

"That's true," she laughs.

"Sooo," I trail off. She smiles. "What gender is the baby?"

A nervous smile appears on her face.

"More like genders," she says, emphasizing the last word. Genders?

"Wait what?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"I haven't known how to say this," she sighs. "I'm uh–"

"You're what, babe? You can tell me," I smile in reassurance. I know how much she is afraid to tell me things because she is afraid I'll leave.

"I'm having twins," she blurts. My jaw drops and I notice that all of the boys stop their conversation and look at me with wide eyes and grins.

"Babe, that's awesome! They can dress in matching clothes and— wait, what's the genders?"

"Okay, first, you're not mad?" She asks in surprise.

"Why would I be mad?" I chuckle.

"Because, well I figured you wouldn't want to help take care of two babies at once."

"Babe, I could never leave you for that," I reassure her. "I'm genuinely excited for this! Now what are the genders?"

She chuckles and continues to tell me. "It's a boy and a girl!"

I jump off of the sofa in excitement and accidentally drop my phone.

"Ashton?" I hear her voice.

"Sorry," I chuckle as I pick up my phone. "I got excited."

"I also have one more thing," she says. "I've got a question."