Chapter 13

"Alexia my sunshine. How are you?"

I gulp and take a deep breath in before replying. "I'm not in the mood to talk to you."

"What's wrong? Where are you? I can barely hear you."

"How did you get my number?"

"Zoe gave it to me. Now answer me."

"It's non of your buisness."

"Yes it is."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Fine, are you home?"

"No"

"Where are you at this time?"

"Bye"

"No wait-"

Before he could finish I end the call and switch off my phone to stop it from ringing. That's the last thing I do for the night before I go to sleep. I feel something warm against my cheeck.I open my eyes and put my hand in front of my eyes,to cover them from the bright sun coming from the window.

I stand up on my feet and hurriedly clean the place up and gather my things. I look at my watch and jump off. I walk back to landlord's company but this time I enter the building. I go to the reception and wait for her to end the call.

"Good morning how may I help you?"

"I was hoping to apply for a job here as a computer technician."

"Sorry but the job was taken yesterday."

"Is there something else I can apply for."

"Yes, you can be one of Mr.Peterson's assistants."

"What do I actually do?"

"No big things you write every thing important spoken in his meeting and you set meetings with him and his clients."

"When can I start?"

"Apply this form and I'll give it to my Boss if he thinks you'll be a great assistant I'll  give you a call."
She says giving me a paper. I fill it all in and reply to her thank you. I leave the building skipping school.

I go to McDonald and order some food. It's not healthy but at least it's a proper meal. While eating I switch on my phone as I do so the phone doesn't stop making sounds for a minute.

I look at my phone and find many missed calls and unread messages. Two calls and one message from Sean. Fifty two missed calls and sixty one unread messages from my father. Shit I am going to die. I read Sean text first.

Sean: When you can call me! Gn 😘

I roll my eyes and start reading my father messages. The last few messages go all like the following sentences.

Where are you? Are you fine? I am worried! Call me! Sugar cakes you skipped school. What's wrong? Sugar answer me please. Did I do something wrong? Is it mum or your brother?

Before I can continue reading my phone starts ringing I look at the screen and see that's it's my dad. I answer it and wait for him to talk.

"Sugar cake?"

"Dad, I'm fine don't worry about me."

"What's wrong? Is it because your mother she's worried about you."

"No it's something that happened at school. Don't worry I'm fine."

"Where did you sleep?"

"Somewhere."

"Alexis."

"Dad I have to go I have to think for a while. I'll text you when I will be coming back soon. For now I just need to be alone."

"Fine but if you need something call me."

"Ok thanks dad bye!" I say hanging up. I finish eating and walk to the mall. I buy myself plains and cheap clothes and change into one of the pair. I am still keeping my glasses on after all the clothes I bought is to add with those of my nerd collection.

While I am sitting on one of the tables looking up on my mission. I hear some girls giggling. I look up and see the cheerleaders and Sean's group. Shit! Also with them is my brother. Oh hell no!