Chapter 9

Sean takes me back outside and all eyes land on me. What have my friends gotten themselves into. They never told me about this and I am telling my father. I stop Sean and he turns around with a serious face.

I take a deep breath in and whisper to him so no one else can listen. "Tell me the truth."

"We are going to trade some drugs in the forest about half an hour from now. Are you up to this?" He asks me unsure and I nod.

"What do I need to do?" I ask him.

30 minutes later.

I am with George unfortunately and our job is to make sure that there are only two of them. A car pulls over and five men come outside holding their guns. George walks to them and tell them that two of them can walk down to the river and the rest have to stay in the car.

Somehow they listen to him. After an hour a gun is shot and I look at George and he looks behind me. I turn around and see around ten muscular men smirking at us. George takes off running like a little girl.

I look at them unsure and one of them walks up to me. The other men walk away and only me and him are here.

"You're not part of their gang are you?"

"Nope how did you know?"

"We've been making some trades for a while now and their gang teenagers are scared of us. They're so pathetic and look at you. You didn't even tried to leave you're sure about yourself. I like you kiddo and I'm telling you only this. Leave before it's going to get dirty."

"Why, what happened?"

"Your friends didn't bring the amount we asked them. Now please leave you're too good for this." He pleads and I listen to him and start running away.

I am totally lost and I don't know where I am. I grab my phone out and look at the time it's seven in the afternoon. The moon has already risen and the sun is going down faster then usual.

I try calling my father but there is no signal. I pull out my gun and torch out from my bag. I use my free wifi and go on google maps. I find out where I am. So I press the compass app on my phone and I walk south west from here to reach the Main road.

Thank you luck for once being on my side for letting me use the free wifi. I walk for another hour and I have five more miles to cover. The sky is pitch black and I can barely see where I'm going. My legs can no longer keep me holding and I collide under a tree.

I look at myself and I have soil all over me and I have various cuts on my legs and arms. My phone vibrates and I look at it to see many messages. MESSAGES!

Dad: Okay!

Dad: How more long are you going to take?

Dad: Where are you? Are you hurt call me sugar cakes.

I read the last message and see I have many missed calls from him. I look at the poor signal that I finally got. I call my father and wait for him to answer.

"Sugar cake!"

"Dad" I reply in a tired tone.

"What's wrong?"

"Everything can you come and pick me up. I'll explain everything."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the Creek Hill Forest five miles away from the road."

"I'm coming right now. Try walking some more I know you can do another mile. I'll be there very soon." He says hanging up.

I search in my bag and grab a bottle and drink it all. I open a packet and while eating it I continue walking. I feel so much better now. After walking another mile and a half I hear someone crying.

I stop dead in my tracks and look around me. I can't see anyone but I still can hear that someone is in pain. I walk towards the noise and as I get closer I hear someone struggling to walk. Falling multiple times cracking the twitches.

I point the torch towards a tree and see a man with blood. Not just any man but it's Sean. I hurriedly walk to him and hold him but he's too heavy for me. I fall on the ground and hold him onto me.

He tries moving and I help him to sit himself better. He has blood falling from his face. His knuckles are filled with blood. I see a big wound on his shoulder and touch it. He yells in pain and I look at him in shock.

He was shot.