c . 30

i appreciate all of the help i got with this book, all of you ❤️ i'm not sure how long i want this book to go on for, but i was thinking 50 chapters. it all depends on how i make things work out, but either way, once again, thank you lovelies ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tyler Joseph

my pinkie still tingles from the promise i made with josh as lana paints it. her squeal said it all. everything, from how happy she was that we were showing so much affection towards each other to exactly what the promise was for.

i sigh. my mind has been in the gutter lately, i just need a break. maybe mel and i could hang out.

we kind of fell out when i thought brendon and her were a thing but we're friends again, like how we were before. she's still the same funny and kind person that she was before, it's not like she changed. in fact, she's just a tad bit more artistic.

***

"ohmygod, your nails are everything!" melanie squeaks.

"i know right! lana did them!" i say. she knows who lana is because we've texted about her.

"they're so cute! i might have to go see lana to have her do my nails," mel smirks. "or just steal her from you."

"oh, no you don't!" i say. i shift on the cafe seat.

mel shrugs. "whatever. i've got ashley who loves to do my makeup, hair and nails."

i furrow my eyebrows. "didn't you two break up?"

mel nods. "we did, but we were best friends before we started dating and during so we just wanted to keep the same friendship without any feelings for each other."

i nod in understanding. "i see..."

mel smirks. "you and josh are finally together i see?"

i blush and nod. "yeah... you know that art project we had?"

mel's eyes grow wide. "oh my god! you remember that?!"

i furrow my eyebrows and cock my head. "yeah? why?"

"i-i just thought y-you would have f-forgotten..." she stutters.

"are you hiding something?" i joke, but she doesn't see the joke.

"n-no! of course not!" she tries to smile innocently. "w-why would i be? pffftt, you're crazy! hahaha..."

"mel, i was just kidding..." i say, touching her arm. "besides, you can trust me with anything. and that project is how josh and i really started becoming close, so i could never forget about it."

mel sighs and calms herself down. "i know i can trust you, but i just don't want to hurt you with this... i know you value the fate that brought you and josh together."

"what?" i say.

mel puts her head in her hands.

"i..."

***

- ur mom