c . 18

i just realized we're almost on chapter 20 im

***

Joshua Dun

i look at tyler who is looking at someone with his mouth wide open.

"hey tyler!" i hear someone say.

i look to where tyler is and see brendon urie with some other guy. they're staring straight at tyler.

"no, no, no..." tyler whispers, terrified.

"who are they?" i ask him, my eyes trailing to his.

"dallon, my ex and brendon..." ty answers. "dallon goes to another school, i introduced him and brendon."

his ex.

the word rings through my head. his ex... what if he wants to go back to him? where will that leave me? i...

"don't worry. i broke up with him for a reason," tyler whispers, smiling warmly.

i just nod, uncertain.

"hey, guys!" brendon says, smiling and holding dallon's hand as they walk over to us.

"hi," tyler mumbles.

"hey," troye and andy greet.

i forget to say hi and dallon glares at me. i meet his gaze with the same intensity and he flinches.

tyler grabs my hand under the table and laces our fingers together. his palms are sweaty but i don't mind.

"so, tyler..." dallon says, somewhat seductively. "how have you been?"

"g-good..." tyler stutters awkwardly.

dallon winks at him and tyler flinches back.

brendon doesn't notice and just keeps smiling.

"are you two together?" tyler asks.

"why, do you want me back?" dallon smirks.

brendon looks at him, his smile dropping.

"w-why would i want you back?" tyler says but it doesn't sound like he means it even though he does.

"because someone like me is just too good," dallon winks.

brendon's gaze falters and he lets go of dallon's hand. he looks at the ground. "um, i... i'm leaving," brendon says. he turns around and runs away.

tyler lets go of my hand, glares at dallon with an ice cold glare and runs after brendon, calling his name.

i stand up and go over to dallon, getting in his face. "you have brendon to hump and dump. leave tyler alone," i spit at him.

"and why should i?" dallon says.

"because if you don't, i'll crush your skull."

dallon puts his hands up in pretend defeat. "oh, no! tyler's bodyguard is going to get me!" he says, sarcastically. he drops his hands. "brendon told me. you two aren't even dating."

my fists clench and soon enough, dallon is groaning on the ground while holding his stomach.

"you're going to pay, pretty boy," dallon hisses. "one way or another." he starts to stand up.

i raise my fist again but a hand grabs it.

"don't," andy says.

troye steps in front of me, getting in dallon's face. "i get that we stopped him, but josh should've hit you again. you're a fuckboy and you don't deserve tyler or brendon. i can't believe tyler ever dated someone like you." troye lifts his hands and shoves dallon away. he falls on the ground again and groans.

"next time, they won't stop me," i hiss at dallon, andy dragging me away.

"come on, josh. let's go find tyler and brendon," troye says, smiling warmly.

i grunt. "whatever."

***

ITS MY BIRTHDAY AHSIDINRLDIQGDKD

THIS STORY HAS SO MANY READS, THIS IS THE MOST READS I'VE EVER GOTTEN.

THE CLOSEST AMOUNT TO THIS IS 146 OR SOMETHING ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I LOVE YOU

- sara xo