c . 3

ITS SO LATE BUT APPARENTLY I HAVE TO UPDATE BC IM A LIL HOE SO OKAY THIS WORKS

***

Tyler Joseph

i throw on a pair of skinnies and a random t-shirt. i'm headed to josh's house to work on the project.

i'd easily rather be headed to brendon's house but since it's for school, that's okay.

besides, he's with melanie.

working on melanie's idea for the project.

a sculpture of a fucking bird.

i don't feel as much rage as i try to force myself to feel.

brendon would be cute with melanie, wouldn't he?

i shake my head.

***

the gentle brush strokes smear the grey across the canvas. the black is already there but the glow from the small white flowers at the bottom makes it necessary for the grey to be there. josh did good at making the flowers. they look so real. so does the sky.

josh was intensely watching me paint.

each brush stroke calmed my soul. i pick up the paintbrush and look at the painting.

the night sky is black with blues and grey near the small white flowers that compliment it. there are no stars. no moon.

"c-can i do the stars and moon?" josh asks quietly.

i look at him and nod. "of course."

josh goes up to the painting and takes the paintbrush.

this is what i love about watching him paint.

he takes a deep breath.

three...

two...

one.

the paintbrush flies across the canvas, making a small little moon. josh paints fast. he can't slow down or else he'll mess up. everything he does is so different from other people.

he takes some grey paint and makes a glow coming from the moon. he also makes small spots of grey in scattered places.

he takes white paint and makes stars in the grey splotches.

when he paints, everything glows.

the mixing of the colors. the speed of his painting. it makes the whole piece of art light up even though we used dark colors. just by looking at this painting you would know that it's not just some dark aesthetic. even though i did the sky and the dark green flower stems, this painting...

it is josh.

***

screaming at how many chapters i'll probably have to do, knowing lena. like jfc it's hard ok ;((

- sara xo