c . 12

/9:78/$2@;927)2!;972);

whose chapter is this im so stupid brb

ok back hi

i need serious help.

***

Joshua Dun

i look over at tyler on the other side of the art room with a boy i barely know, troye.

they're laughing and talking to each other. occasionally, tyler would look at me, glare, then go back to laughing with troye.

"attention, everyone," mr. graceffa says. "today, we're going to just freestyle. anything you want, sort of like the last project i gave you guys. this time, though, it's independent. you may start."

i sigh, take one last glance at tyler and troye, and go to get paint supplies.

i sit in front of the canvas, closing my eyes.

my soul is heavy and dirty in my chest and all i can focus on is the aching feeling.

did tyler move on?

probably.

almost automatically, i open my eyes.

paint drags across the canvas as i focus on one thing and one thing only. my brush strokes.

the paint i brush onto the canvas speaks full volume of what i'm feeling.

an ocean with strong waves, crashing against the sand. a single seashell is getting splashed as the waves crash around it just not on it. two other seashells are across the beach, together, safe from the havoc being reigned on the lonely seashell.

before i know it, the bell goes off.

how long has it been? damn.

i get up to clean up and go to my next class and accidentally run into a black-haired boy who was watching me paint.

"s-sorry!" the boy stutters.

"it's alright," i say, laughing. "i'm josh."

"y-yeah, i know... i'm andy," he says, forcing a smile.

was he always in this class?

"yeah... i'm not surprised you haven't noticed me. not many people actually have," he says, scratching the back of his head.

shit, did i say that out loud?

we just smile and part ways to clean up and head to our next class.

apparently andy's in all of my classes.

yikes.

***

hi andy biersack ily welcome to my story of trash i hope you enjoy your stay. ((((::::::

- sara xo