A stick?

Hey guys. So this is my first story and I've been working ever so hard on it. I kept reading it over and over again to make sure there are no words spelt wrong or a sentence that didn't make sense. I've written the whole story before publishing it so you don't have to sit around for the next part. So enjoy, comment, vote and add to your library. Well that's all I have to say.
Bye!

Valkyrie tapped her foot on the carpet of skulduggery's sitting room floor. "What?" He asked again. Valkyrie just kept tapping and crossed her arms. "What is it Val?" He asked and walked over to her. "Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? Did I forget something?" Valkyrie looked at him and scowled. "How long have you known me?" She asked. "7 years. Why?" Asked skulduggery. "How old am I?" She asked. "You are 17" he said. Valkyrie sighed and walked over to the stairs. "Am I wrong?" Asked skulduggery as he followed her. "Yes" was all she said. "When was it your birthday?" Valkyrie stopped walking and glared at him. "Today! I can't believe you forgot! I know your bloody birthday!" She said and skulduggery chuckled. "What are you laughing at?" She asked and stamped her foot. "I knew it was your birthday! I just wanted to see how long it would take you to get grumpy. Not long apparently" he said and chuckled again. "Oh my god I hate you" she said. "I know" he replied. "Did you get me a gift?" Valkyrie asked and stepped closer to him. "Yup" was all he said but didn't move. "Well? What is it?" She asked and jumped up and down continually. "Isn't my amazing presence good enough for you?" He asked and put a hand on his rib cage where his heart was meant to be. "No" Valkyrie said and skulduggery acted like he was deeply hurt. "Well how rude" he said before leaving the room.

When he returned he was holding something behind his back. "Ready?" He asked and Valkyrie nodded and held out her hands. Skulduggery brought his hand that was behind his back in front of him and place the gift in her outstretched hands. "A stick?" Asked Valkyrie and looked up at him. "Yes" he replied and went and sat on the sofa. "You've know me for 7 years. I'm one of your best friends. It's my 18th birthday. SO YOU GOT ME A FUCKING STICK!" Skulduggery turned his head to look at her. "Well I guess you won't like your Christmas gift then" he said and stood up and walked over to her. "Are you sulking?" He said. She turned so that her back was facing him and she had her arms crossed while pouting. "No" she said. "What do you want me to do then?" He asked and Valkyrie turned back to face him. "Hug" she said. "Excuse me?"
"Hug"
"I only hug on special occasions"
"Skully it's my 18th birthday! Hug"
"No"
"Hug!"
"Hand shake?"
"Hug"
"Pat on the back?"
"Hug"
"Fine!"
"Yay!"
She rapped her arms around his neck and pressed her chest against his rib cage. He rapped his arms around her back and then just stayed there in the comfortable silence. "Can I let go now?" He asked and she nodded and they parted. "Am I forgiven now?" He asked and Valkyrie grinned. "Yup"