I am Sorry

Ms. Howell
My son is in love. He's in love with a young, respectful, handsome young man; who loves him so much. They are so cute. Dancing in the middle of the kitchen. It was like a scene from a movie. The song was describing their feelings, the hard life they both went though before meeting each other and falling in love. Phil was leading him through a beautiful dance, forehead against forehead. I giggled at Dan's tremendous bed head that I could tell he had tried to tame with his hands (but there was no controlling the curl monster, I used to tell him). They were both still in what they slept in because their clothes were all wrinkled and I saw them yesterday wearing them.
When Dan was led into the Lester's guest bedroom by the sweet tiny girl I felt them come in, but I didn't open my eyes. I didn't know what to say. Truly though, I was too scared at what he had to say to me. Then, they kissed and apparently Phil got Dan a ring (god I hope they are not getting married because while they are perfect they need to get through school first, but I know they are both smart boys...men actually). I stood watching behind the white kitchen door; leaning the door into the kitchen a bit to get a peak of them. But, they wouldn't notice me because they were far too busy gazing into each other's eyes. Now they were talking about dancing; who knew Phil could lead so well? And, who knew Dan could actually dance? I didn't, because I'm a horrible mother. I feel terrible for all the trouble I have, and am, causing. I'm sure Dan will never forgive me, but I can at least try to explain my self and maybe...maybe I can get better. I realized I dazed out starring at the floor, so when I look back at them Phil is swooping Dan. I believe they are kissing. Then I felt a pang of happiness. Because, I couldn't help myself, because they were so beautiful and pure together, because I remember me and Davey doing the same thing when we were younger. Before the lonely nights, before the sadness, before the alcohol, when Dan was just a toddler. My hair was light brown that curled all over, just like Dan's. I wore a flowing blue dress and he wore a suit and black tie. I remember walking into the kitchen, and seeing him holding Dan on his hip and feeding him breakfast. His face broke out into a huge smile when he spotted me, and he ruffled Dan's hair before getting up from the kitchen table with him and holding me in his arms.
"You look beautiful today my queen." He said; gazing down into my green eyes with his brown ones.
"Why thank you my king. For the compliment and feeding the kido." I smiled up at him, then glancing over at Dan sitting in his green high chair. His hair had just started to curl on the ends and Davey thought it was the cutest thing ever. Then in an instant he started to twirl me around the kitchen.
"What are you doing?" I managed out in between laughs.
"Can not a man dance with his amazing wife?" He replied; placing a soft hand on my hip and intertwining the other with mine.
"I love you Elizabeth."
He swooped me down, and I could hear Dan giggling.
"I love you too Davvy."
Then we were kissing, and I felt like we fell in love all over again like we had been everyday for the last seven years.
In that moment as I leaned against the kitchen door I felt like I could feel his hands on my cheeks, his fresh breath on my face, and I could just see the disappointed look in his light brown eyes as he looks down at me.
"Come on Elizabeth," he says to me "I know you can do this."
He was so sweet. So gentle. So loving. Now all I can feel is tears streaming down my face, as all my common sense rushes out of my head and I start to clap. Because, that's what Dan did when we ended our dance.

Hey guys! So, I decided to switch things up just a bit an try out a new perspective in the book! What do you guys think (let me know in the comments)? Well I hoped you guys enjoyed it, and thank you so much for all the reads, votes, and comments ❤️