You Don't Deserve This

Phil:
I woke up to my shoulder being lightly tapped. I slowly opened my eyes to see a pale Dan laying in a hospital bed. I jumped up, surprised and I looked around frantically to see my parents and Ms.Howell standing behind me.
"Sorry I uh," I glanced over at Dan sadly as I stood up "I thought it was all a bad dream." I could feel my eyes start to heat up as I fought the tears.
"Oh Phil," they all said rubbing my back and hugging me.
"Thank you Phil, for being here with him. This means a lot to me and I'm sure it does to him too." Ms.Howell smiled up at me as she spoke. She looked tired and sad, but the smile felt real. "Sorry for just getting here now, we had to take care of the whole Carl situation with the police and it was just crazy."
"They got him though, right?" I asked.
"Yes, they did." My dad said, placing a comforting hand on Ms.Howells shoulder and my moms.
I proceed to spend the day with Ms.Howell, my parents and Dan. We sat in the room and spoke of child hood memories of sweet little Dan. Ms.Howell said he loved the weeds that would look like flowers and he would ask her to loop them through his hair so he looked like a flower himself. We laughed at the adorable memories of Dan, it was a good time. The doctor came in the room at around one in the afternoon. Once he walked in, we all went silent.
"You must be Ms.Howell." He said holding out his hand to Dan's mom.
"Yes, that is me."
"And you are Phil Lester, and I presume you are his parents?"
"Yes, we are."
"What can you tell us about Dan?" I asked anxiously. They had said this morning they took tests and would be back with results around mid day. The doctor gave me a warm yet sad smile.
"I have been told he has not woken up yet, is that true?"
We all looked around at each other, conforming our answer.
"Yes, that is correct." I said sadly
"We anticipated that he would awake today in the morning, obviously that blow he got to the head was worse then we thought."
I cringed as the image of Dan sprawled out on the floor in his own puddle of blood came into my mind as the doctor spoke.
"I actually have the pictures of the scene." Ms.Howell said, pulling out pictures from her purse "The police took them and then gave me a copy for further lawsuits and such."
The doctor looked over them, one by one, slowly. He examined them closely and he then walked over to Dan. He looked over Dan, I couldn't tell what his expression was reading though, his back was to us.
"The man...made a hole in the wall with his head?" The doctor said slowly, turning his head towards us. My eyes went wide as I took in a sharp breath. I had no idea he threw Dan that hard against the wall, I had only seen him and the blood. I was such an idiot, that was why there was so much blood.
"Y-yes." Ms.Howell said slowly as she spoke, you could tell she was on the verge of tears. I rubbed her shoulder slowly and made sure to keep my eyes on the doctor. I know he was a doctor, but after what happened yesterday...
                                  <><><>
The doctor soon left and said they would take more tests in the morning. As the doctor walked out the door we all stayed silent, I stuffed my hands in my pockets trying not to cry, which I was doing a lot of lately. Ms.Howell told me she had to go to her second job tomorrow and that she couldn't take a second day off in a row. I told her not to worry and that I would call her if anything happened. My parents insisted that I come home but I begged them to let me sleep in the hospital room by Dan. They gave each other a concerned look but agreed. As they started to walk out the door into the hall with Ms.Howell leading, my mom turned around and stopped
"Phil, you can stay the night today and tomorrow night if you want, but you must go to school on Monday."
"Mom, but-"
"Phil I'm sorry," my dad said, walking up behind my mother "no buts, you have to go to school."
"We love you Phil, if you need anything call."
"Thank you Phil." Ms.Howell called out after my mom.
"Love you too." I called out as I sat down. Once I heard the door close and I realized we were alone, I let it all out. I let every last tear escape from my eyes as I sobbed and sobbed, holding Dan's hand.
This i'sent fair.
I thought to myself as my sobs echoed off the walls.
Why Dan, why my sweet, adorable, innocent Dan?! He never did anything to deserve this.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you, Dan." I said between tears as I moved his fringe out of the way and lightly kissed his forehead. "Goodnight my love." I whispered to him, as I held onto his hand and feel asleep lightly whimpering.

Hey guys! How are you liking the story so far? I'm sorry if I can't write everyday like I have been, I start school tomorrow. Wish me luck! Have a great Day (: