It's all my Fault

Phil:
Tap
Tap
Tap
Tap
Was all that echoed through the class as I moved my foot up and down against the cold, tile floor.
I shouldn't be here, not here, away from Dan. I thought to myself.
What if something went wrong, what if he is dead?! It's all my fault. I told myself I would never leave his side again and I did. I'm so stupid.
Before I could think any more, the bell rang. I was so startled that my knees shot up and banged the desk loudly. Everyone looked at me with confused expressions as they filed out of the class room. I sat there,
Get your self together Phil, it's only first period.
I thought to myself as I begun to pack up my things with shaky hands.
"Mr.Lester, may I speak to you after class?" I froze as I diverted my attention to my English teacher eyeing me with concern from the front of the room.
"Of course Mrs.K." I slowly walked over to her wooden desk, making sure not to trip with my wobbly legs. Mrs.K waited until the last few people filtered out of the class then, it was just the two of us. I stood in front of her desk towering over her as she sat.
"I see that Dan is not here." She finally says. I feel a bead of sweat run down the back of my pale neck.
"Yes." I reply as coolly as I can.
"Why is that?" I look down at her as she looks up at me. I really look at her as she says this. Her hair is hazel and curly but contained (it actually reminded me a bit of Dan's), she has green eyes mixed with a bit of blue, her hands are nervously folded on the desk and her face is painted with worry. I do believe she does care about him.
"He...is in the hospital." I choke out, not letting the tears escape my eyes. Her hand shoots up to her mouth as I say this.
"Oh my goodness, Phil I'm so sorry." She quickly got up and embraced me. I was taken back for a second, but she was so warm and she reminded me of a very tall, nice mother. I awkwardly hugged her back as I started to cry into her shoulder. Then it all came out, I couldn't help it. I told her everything, how I went over to Dan's house, how I saw Dan in his blood, the hospital days. How it was all my fault.
"I'm so scared Mrs.K, Dan is so tiny and fragile and I don't know if something like that has happened before." She rubbed my back as I kept talking through my sobs, hot tears streaming down my face. "I love him Mrs.K, and I just always want to be there for him. When I saw him there on the floor..." It started becoming harder for me to breath and, I was seeing black and blue dots everywhere.
"Phil?" Mrs.K asked as she pulled away and looked at me. "Phil!" She yelled. I dropped to the floor.
The only thing I saw next was darkness.

Hey guys! I am so sorry that it took me so long to write this. I have been so busy with school. Also, thank you so much for 1 K reads!!! I would like to send a big thank you to the people who have commented, voted or read my writings. It means a lot to me. Have a great day! <3