The Black Velvet Case

A bit of a warning I believe I should include: This chapter will include talk about someone who is dealing with being an alcoholic. If you believe you can't read about this message me and I will cut those bits out and send you everything besides that or, I will summarize what happens without that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phil:
Dan and I were sitting under the sky, which was pitch black and dazzling with bright white stars. He had my jacket on and was lying his head on my bare chest. I was using my wadded up shirt as a bit of a pillow as Dan rubs my stomach. It felt so good. Well the rubbing and laying with him. His head was warm, his hands soft and gentle on my skin, and I could feel his breaths on my lower stomach.
"Phil." He said softly.
"Yes bear." I could hear him stifle a laugh at that one as I smiled up at the sky.
"Can we...talk." He moved his head up so that his soft chocolate eyes made contact with mine. He looked scared, vulnerable. I had never seen him like this before.
"Of course we can. What do you want to talk about?"
He looked at me with a face that essentially said Phil Lester are you kidding me right now, what else would we talk about besides the fact that my mother is an alcoholic.
"Sorry." I said slowly as he re arranged his body so that his head was lying my pale shoulder. He nuzzled my neck a bit as he spoke,
"It's okay."
"How long has she been..."
"Drinking?" Dan asks as I turn my head and we are forehead to forehead.
"Ya." I look into his eyes to try and get a glimpse of what he is thinking.
"So, my dad died when I was in first grade so that's obviously when she started getting bad." He was messing with the collar of my jacket and was starring any where but my eyes. I was okay with it though, I was just happy he was talking to me about it.
"The night of the funeral I remember her driving me home and stifling her cries the whole time. Once we got home she sent me up to my room and I just did it. I really thought she was mad at me so I came back down with a card apologizing and I found her sprawled out on the living room floor. Empty bottles of red wine in both hands. I panicked, thinking she was dead, and I called my grandparents. My dads parents." He looked into my eyes and I took his hand in mine and squeezed. I knew this was hard for him. He smiled at me and lightly butted our heads.
"So at the time they lived like five minutes away so they drove to the house as quickly as they could. Once they got there they banged on the door and I let them in. Then ran past me, like they didn't even see me and halted right when they saw her lying on the floor. I'll never forget the look of anger and disgust on their faces. They soon called 911 and the paramedics came. I remember trembling under the dinning room table. My grandparents and the paramedics were just  standing over her in this huge group of people. I thought she was dead. I thought I had just lost both of my parents." Dan gazed into my eyes as a tear ran down his face. He and I both lifted our hands to wipe it away and it brought a smile to his face as my hand reached his on his cheek.
"So essentially I'm still not entirely clear on what happened because, no one will tell me. But, I'm pretty sure she was caught up in the moment and got alcohol poisoning. After that it just got worse. Second grade she hid it from me pretty well. In third grade she was too drunk to notice that she left empty bottles of wine and beer all over our house. Sometimes she would go to work and then the bar afterwards and I would just make myself dinner. On those nights my mom would bring home men. It would usually end with her crying in the morning and them slamming the door heavily as I curled up in my sheets, trying to block it all out. Fourth grade and fifth went like third. One time in the morning the guy came down stairs, waltzed over to my mother happily cooking eggs at the stove as I ate Froot Loops quietly at the table and hit her. He slapped her right across the face. I was shocked. So shocked that I dropped my spoon on the wooden table and they both glared at me. He had a fire in his eyes that I still can't explain and she had a foggy cover over her eyes. She looked so sad, depressed, scared. I wanted to help her so bad so I spray painted the guys car that afternoon."
My mouth was wide open as he said this and he turned his gaze from the black sky to me and laughed.
"Ya I'm still surprised I did that too. Unfortunately he found out it was me that night and...pulled my hair really hard and slapped me really hard. Middle school was horrible. I mean I always knew I was different but in middle school when I didn't like any girls and told my so called friends that I didn't want a girlfriend they made fun of me. So the whole getting to know who I was in middle school thing and the fact that my mom was bringing home a new drunk every week did not help with my middle school years."
I was holding his hand tightly and my hand was now tightly wrapped around his hip.
Why did he have to deal with this? He doesn't deserve to think back to his childhood memories and think about this.
"She took my dads death horribly." He went on as he stared  into my eyes.
"She went to seven therapist and every time I was so gullible to hope she would get better."
Theres a long pause as Dan lays his head in the crook of my neck and I lean onto my side to pull him closer. He breaks the silence,
"She never did."
I rubbed his back and held him close to me.
I hated how this was what he dealt with as a child.
"I'm so sorry." I whisper in his ear as I lightly kiss his neck.
"Hey, it's not your fault."
"I wish I would have come here earlier..."
"Aww Phil, but what about California?"
I pull my head away from him but continue to hold him tight as I stare down at him.
"I would trade all of that to have been there for you when you needed me the most."
Dan is quite and then slides his hand up to my cheek.
"Phil, you did. I needed a knight in shinning armor to come and sweep me off my feet and that was you! You did that and you are continuing to do that to this day!"
I smile at him and we snuggle together. I'm rubbing his arm and he's still rubbing my stomach.
"Daniel James Howell."
I can feel a smile spread across his face as I say his full name.
"Philip Michael Lester."
I grab both of Dan's hands and help him up. He gives me a questionable look but still has a happy smile plastered over his face. I take in a big shaky breath before I kneel down on one knee. Dan's eyes go wide and his hands start to shake
"Dan I am all yours and I forever will be. I've been in love with you you since the day I first saw you standing there wearing your mint and white flower crown."
Dan smiled and took my hand that was outstretched and squeezed it.
"I will always be here for you. Through the bad days and the good ones I will be there with open arms. If you ever need me for anything I will be there. Dan Howell, I Love you so much."
With my free hand I reach into my black jean pocket and pull out a small black, square velvet case.

Thank you so much for three thousand reads! Hope you gust enjoy this chapter (;