Kitchen Duty

Dan:
I lead us through the swinging kitchen door, and into the battlefield.
"Woah." We both say in astonishment. The kitchen has plates overflowing in the sink, stains on the Windows, dirty pots and pans scattered on the top of the oven, and a peculiar odor that smelled a bit like...fish?
"Okay, you ready?" I ask excitedly looking up at Phil. He smiles down at me and nudges my side lightly.
"Sure am!"
"Okay, I'll load the dishwasher and you can wash the pans okay? Leave them on the counter to dry over this towel." I lay a light blue towel over the space next to the sink as I turn around to see a confused Phil. I raise an eyebrow; asking for an explanation.
"You like to clean?"
I laugh,
"You don't?"
"No!" I giggle as he pins me to the counter behind me. He starts to kiss and nibble my neck lightly, and I can feel a blush grow over my face.
"Not now mister, you can't just kiss your way out of your duties." I nudge him over to the sink as he grunts, but smiles at me. Five minutes later, as I am just about done collecting the dirty dishes from the sink, and placing them into the dishwasher. Phil is sulking over by the oven. Although, he has cleaned three out of the six pans. He suddenly gasps and I shoot up, from putting a plate in the dishwasher, in panic until I see him goofily smiling at me.
"I'll be right back!" He stammers happily as he faces out of the kitchen and up ten stairs.
"You better come back!" I yell from the kitchen. Not even two minutes later Phil comes through the swinging kitchen door; carrying a beats pill, and his phone. I look back from my position of cleaning the windows off to see him smirking at me, as he presses play on his phone and a fallout boy song starts to play from the speaker. I laugh at the excited expression that covers his face, and lean forward to press my lips softly against his for a moment before quickly pulling away.
"Honey, come on we can clean later." Phil pleads as he leans back down towards my face, but I swiftly move to the side and grab a towel.
"Cleaning first, then we can get back down to business." I smile and wink at his now blushing face.
"Well alright then." He places the pill and phone on top of the fridge, so that the song can be heard all through out the kitchen. Phil continues to clean pans as I finish the Windows and begun to dry and put them away. As time progresses, I start to softly hum along to the song Alone Together by Fall Out Boy. Phil suddenly leans up against the back of my body with his; resting his head on my shoulder, and looping his arms around my waist.
"Can you sing for me?"
I giggle and blush at the question as I can feel Phil's body against mine. "What Philly?"
"Danny," he rolls out the n's in the pet name as I finish drying the last pan.
"Wow, this kitchen is pretty spotless." I remark as I stretch up and place the kitchen utensil in the cabinet; causing Phil to move his head back. I turn around to see Phil's eyes quickly move from my lower half to my eyes.
"Were you starring at my butt?" I raise a flirty eyebrow as I stare at his cute face that now is covered with a bit of blush.
"You do have a pretty nice butt Howell; it's hard not to stare." He replies while shrugging his shoulders high, and smirking adorably.
"Well this cute butt of mine has to start mopping the floor, and so does yours!" I take his hand in mine as I lead him to the slim white door next to the fridge. He grunts as I hand him a mop, but smiles and takes one of the wipes to attach to the stick. Once he starts to mop I start to look through the cabinets for a candle. Once I turn around to set it on the window still I get a bit distracted by Phil's now swaying hips. I try to swallow down my embarrassment, but the bright redness of my cheeks totally gives it away. I think he felt me starring at him because he turned around; smirked, and struck a pose.
"See something you like, Howell?" He asked; his eyebrows dancing around his forehead.
"Yes." I say quietly, as I place the now lit cancel on the still. I turn back around to find Phil up close and personal with me. He backs up a few steps, holds out one hand while putting a mother behind his back and asks,
"May I have this dance, Mr.Howell?"
I'm a blushing mess, but manage to say yes and gingerly take his hand. Phil smirks as he takes one of hands in his and guides the other to his shoulder. He then places a delicate hand on my hip, and starts to lead me into a slow dance. The song playing through the speaker was now Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. An up beat song about young, teenage, love. I guess it kind of explained us, but I think our love i'sent just defined as a 2010 pop song.
"You bought a Katy Perry song?" I can't help but laugh as he starts to lead me into a slow dance; smiling down at me.
You think I'm funny
When I tell the punch line wrong
"Ya, I actually bought it when we started dating..." He is now doing that cute thing he always does, where he gets nervous, and starts to become very interested in the floor as a huge blush covers most of his pale face now. I can't help but let a smile break over mine.
"Really?" It comes out as a whisper, and he raises his head; pushing his face towards mine. Our foreheads are now touching and our eyes are locked. He is smiling.
"Really."
Before you met me
I was alright but things were kinda heavy
We are dancing in the middle of the, now clean kitchen, Phil leading me in tiny circles around the room. It's beautiful, he's beautiful. He is such an amazing dancer. Phil knows just where to place his feet and when and where to move with the music.
No regrets, just love
We can dance until we die
You and I
We'll be young forever
That's when Phil starts to softly hum the song, to me. I knew it had to be to me because I was the only person in the room, and our eyes were locked. Once his humming got a bit lower I decide to ask him something.
"Phil?"
"Hmm." he smiles brighter down at me, as he replies with a soft murmur.
My, heart, stops when you look at me
Just, one, touch
Now baby I believe this, is, real
"Where did you learn to dance?" His cheeks are now flaming red, and he suddenly spins me.
I finally found you
My missing puzzle piece
I'm complete
"Well," I can feel his thumb start to rub against our intertwined hands. "my mother put me into dance classes from age four to ten..." Phil's whole face is now breaking out into a huge red blush.
"Four to ten?!"
"Ya." As he giggles his tongue peaks out of his smile. My forehead is already against his, so I lean closer so that our noses are touching and I can feel his breath on me.
You make me
Feel like I'm living a, teenage dream
"That is the most adorable...and hottest thing I have ever heard." I smile at him as he lightly laughs at my comment.
"It's pretty embarrassing."
I'm a get your heart racing
In my skin-tight jeans
Be a teenage dream tonight
"Is it embarrassing that you are leading me through this beautiful dance?"
"No...I guess not." He bashfully smiles, as he connects his eyes with mine. We are locked, and I would never want it not to be this way.
My, heart, stops when you look at me
Just, one, touch
Now baby I believe this is real
Suddenly Phil spins me again about two or three times, but this time he doesn't bring me back to an upright position, but swoops me (which is all too familiar to me now).
Be a teenage dream tonight
We are both smiling brightly at each other as the last lines echo through the room, and our chests are rising and falling in steady beats. Then I start to inch my lips closer to his, and he is moving down towards mine. When our lips meet its sweet relief. That is, until I hear clapping coming from behind us.

Thank you for ten thousand reads loves! I hope you all enjoy the story <3