I'm Fine

Phil:
Dan breaks our eye contact and hides his head so that he is starring down. There is a moment of silence. I can't read his face expression because his brown locks are overflowing his face. I squeeze his hand and speak,
"Dan?" I lean my head down a bit as I say it to try and get a glimpse of his face. He moves again so that his head is facing the setting sun in the distance.
"How did you..."
"What?" His words catch me off guard.
"How did you know she was drunk?" Dan looks up so that his hair doesn't muffle his words.
I reply slowly,
"Well, she repeated her words a bit, I could smell it on her breath and she sort of like collapsed against the wall."
He was starring into my eyes but I couldn't read anything. It's as if he shut down and his mind was in another place. I was worried,
What's going on in that mind of his?
Dan:
I can't believe it. She said she would stop. I made her promise.
She promised me
I couldn't believe her.
Don't let him see you cry.
Phil:
Dan's shoulders started to shutter up and down and I reached for him. I lightly turned him around and he was laughing. He was laughing hysterically.
Dan:
I didn't know what to do with myself so I just started laughing. Once Phil turned me around and realized what I was doing he looked scared.
"Phil, " I said in between laughs "it's okay. It's fine!" I exclaim loudly causing him to jump back a bit. The laughter wouldn't stop. It just kept rising up from my stomach and erupting out of my mouth. I suddenly stand up,
"Phil it's fine! She does it all the time! You know what she was the night of my fathers funereal? Drunk! You know what she was the day she came into my class in 3rd grade to volunteer? Drunk!" I started to raise my voice and Phil is frozen on the ground starring up at me as I throw my hands around me. I'm still laughing in between my words.
"You know what she was every night I walked home from 4th grade?! DRUNK! You know what she was the day of my 5th grade graduation! Drunk! I HAD TO WALK FIVE MILES EVERYDAY HOME FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL BECAUSE SHE WAS TOO DRUNK TO DRIVE ME PHIL!"
Now tears were streaming down my face and Phil stood up and walked over to me slowly.
"SHE IS ALWAYS DRUNK PHIL! I MADE HER PROMISE! SHE PROMISED ME SHE WOULD STOP! THAT IS WHY CARL THREW ME INTO THAT WALL, BECAUSE SHE WAS TOO DRUNK TO STOP HIM PHIL!"
Phil hugged me tightly and started to rub my back. I was taken back and I melted into his arms but he held me up.
"I know Dan, it's okay." He whispers into my ear over and over again as he rubs his hands in circles on my back. There we stood, holding each other as I cry and Phil whispered sweet reliefs in my ear until my eyes are dry and I can only sniffle and whimper a bit. It's starting to really turn dark now, the moon brightly peaks up behind us as the sun starts to set. Phil pulls his face away but makes sure he is still holding me.
"Dan, I'm so sorry." He says quietly.
"It's okay, I just wish you would have told me like, earlier." Phil winces and I smile as he wipes the wetness from my cheeks softly.
"I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to."
"It's alright."
"Dan?"
"Yes Phil?" I say back, starring up at the gorgeous figure in front of me.
"Do you want to talk about it? Because any time you do, I'm always open."
"Thanks Phil but," I leaned up and whispered into his ear "I'd rather do something else right now." He kissed me and I kissed him back. His hand was on my cheek and the other was gripped around my waist, pulling me closer. I slipped my arms around his neck and moved my chin against his stubble. My knees buckled as he slipped his warm tongue into my mouth. He made me feel so good. As our lips collided I pulled at the collar of Phil's sleek leather jacket and helped him pull it off. We broke for a moment, breathing heavily as Phil pulled the rest of his jacket off and tossed it on the ground. We then made intense eye contact as I looked up at the red cheeked boy and he smiled down at me. I smiled back as he kissed me passionately.
<><><>
A few minutes later Im laying against the blanket and Phil is on top of me kissing my neck. My hands are all over his shirt until he breaks his lips from my body and I help him take his pastel yellow shirt off.
Oh my lord.
I've seen Phil's chest before but only once or twice. Each time it blows me away. He is so beautiful and fit. His dark black hair contrasts amazingly with his snow white skin.
"You are so beautiful." I breathe out as he stares down at me. His cheeks turn a rosy pink in the moonlight and he slowly leans down and passionately kisses me. The kiss is soft yet firm and his hand is under me and I'm pushing my red jeans into his black ones. My hands are cupped around his head and I can feel his smooth Raven hair slide in between my fingers. He whispered into the kiss,
"I love you so much Dan."
"I love you too." I whisper back. I love this so much. Us. Us together. Phil. Him. Phil and I. He made me feel like I could do anything I've ever wanted. He makes me so happy. So why couldn't I get the itching thought of my mother out of the back of my head?