Please Be Okay

Dan:
My mother and I looked up at the man as he stormed into the kitchen. He beamed his laser eyes down at us and grunted.
"Oh...hello Carl, how nice of you to visit." My mother said as she stood up, brushing herself off.
"Nice to see you as well Amy."
I glared at his back as he started to dig through our fridge.
"Something you are looking for?" I asked sharply standing up, trying to look as tough as I could.
"What do you care?" He replied, not turning away from the fridge.
"My god Amy," he turned to my mother "why don't you have any beer in here?!"
"We don't dr-" but before she could finish he grabbed her arms tightly and started yelling at her. My mothers eyes were huge and her whole body was stiff.
"Hey!" I yelled at the top of my lungs at him, throwing an apple at him from the fruit bowl. That got him to shut up and turn towards me.
"You let go of my mother right now!"
He snickered as he let go of her. She almost fell to the floor as he walked over to me. "Get out of our house, you free loader." I growled at him as we were now face to face. He suddenly grabbed my hair and started to drag me to the living room. I tried to free myself but he had a pretty good grip on my hair and the back of my jumper. I tried to hit him and I finally got a scratch on his face.
"Ow, my god you dumb pastel fag!" He yelled, continuing to drag me "Your dad would be disappointed to see how you turned out. If he was still alive today he would not even want you any more."
"Carl!" My mother yelled, following him.
But it was too late, because with that, he threw me up against the maroon wall. And if that didn't hurt enough, I feel head first on to the wooden floor.
Blackness
Phil:
As I stared at Dan's body, I felt frozen.
Was he dead, that looked like a lot of blood, I had to help him.
But before I could try to get to Dan, the man threw me on the ground and tried to punch me in the gut but I rolled to the side. He ended up punching the floor of the hallway. I quickly got up and kicked him. He fell and I kicked him a few more times, I then kneeled down and started punching him in the face.
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO DAN?!?!" I yelled at him, my eyes becoming red from in coming tears.
No
I thought,
You were too late Phil
"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I yelled louder
You were too late and now he is dead
I landed one more punch into his face, a hard one. I then realized he in took a sharp breath and closed his eyes. I got up and Ms. Howell came from the other room.
"Drag him in here." She said, leading me to a closet. I picked up his shoulders and grunted, trying to pull the heavy man. I dropped him in there, trying to steady my breath as Ms. Howell closed and locked the closet.
"Dan." I said as I ran into the living room.
There he was. Laying there, his mouth a bit open, eyes closed, his beautiful body was almost swimming in blood. I ran over to Dan and picked up his limp body. I crawled him to my chest, unable to speak for a moment.
"CALL NINE ONE ONE!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face as I stared down at the love of my life. I leaned my ear down to his mouth. He was breathing, but it was shaky.
"Dan..." I whispered down to him, gazing down at him "I'm so sorry, I-" I was now sobbing as I looked over Dan. I rocked him back and fourth, bending my head down so it was against his chest. I could hear his heart beat Dooley pumping.
"Dan." I whispered into his chest. "You are the sun to my day, and I can't imagine a life without you. You affect so many people in so many great ways-" I started to choke on my words but I had to keep going. "I just...I love you so much Daniel James Howell."
With that, I started to sob heavily into his chest, praying to every god there is that Dan would be okay.
I then heard sirens coming closer, I picked up Dan, holding his warm body close to mine, and Ms.Howell opened the front door for me. The ambulances back doors opened and I layed him down on the stretcher as I was telling the paramedics what I saw. Ms.Howell was right behind me, telling them how the man inside had slammed him up against the wall.
I wish I could have punched him harder
Ms.Howell then turned me around to face her as they were loading Dan up onto the ambulance.
"Phil, I have to show the police where Carl is and they have to take care of the scene. Can you please go with Dan and..." Tears started once again draining down her face as she spoke.
"I understand." I said as I embraced her "I will make sure he is in the best hands."
"Thank you." She whispered as I got into the ambulance.
"Are you family?" The paramedic asked.
"Uhh, I'm his boy-"
"Just let him on, I'm his mother." Ms.Howell yelled from the lawn.
"Okay then." The paramedic said smiling at me as they closed the doors.
I sat down and gazed at Dan, his breathing seemed a bit better but I was still so worried. I lightly held onto his hand as we made our way to the hospital.
Please, Dan...please be okay.