Ch. 18: Bad Things

Time Skip: 1 Month

"Maniiiiiiiiii!"

Normani sighs, "Yes, DJ? What is it, bitch?"

Dinah laughs, "You always so salty when someone interrupts your sleep. Anyway....... tomorrow is you and Mila's 6 month day of Lesbianism or whatever, whatcha gonna do?"

Normani frowned, "Our 6 month of lesbianism? Dinah, your simple ass! Our Half a year bitch?"

Dinah smacks her lips, "Yeah, whatever, look, what are you going to do? Low key, Mila has been planning for like 15 days now so you better have a plan."

Normani rolls over in her bed, "She has? Honestly, I did t even think about it, like my exes never celebrated that half of year shit, only anniversaries."

"Camila is a Pisces, her emotional celebrates everything and I do not want to be the one to dry her tears because you still have fuckboy tendencies."

"Bittchhh, I've been so good. I haven't done anything, I've blocked Dani's numbers and I've blocked Monday Wet-Wet, Tuesday LayLo, Wednesday Squirter and Thursday Special, so you can have several seats!"

"Ayyy, is Wednesday Squirted single cause.....that sounds intriguing..."

"See, this is why I didn't want you guys to become bestfriends, babe I've been texting your lazy ass, get up!" Camila interrupts, arms crossed as she observed her best friend and girlfriend.

Norminah giggled.

"You even laugh as a collective unit now, like stop that shit."

"Alright, alright, didn't your ass beg us to squash that petty beef? Now you mad, ayyee, you should grab a cape so you-"

"Can be super mad!!" Normani finishes, raising her hand up for Dinah to hug five her.

"Mani, do that stupid shit one more time and you can't fuck me from behind for 2 weeks!!" Camila threatens, stomping her feet like a 2 year old.

"Oop! I'll uh... see myself out, bye boo!" Dinah says, Dinah'ing the hell out of there, as usual. She has impeccable timing for leaving a situation, must be that Olympic Tongan speed.

"Baby, you know you love when I eat or fuck you with your ass in the air," Normani begins, smirking, "in fact..."

Camila blushes, "No, stop it. I'm over here for a reason!"

"Letting me fuck the shit out of you seems like a reason to me!"

Camila licks her lip, "Wait...like...stop for a second. I came over because I am sort of upset with you."

Normani rolls her eyes, "I ain't did shit, so why are you mad now, woman?"

Camila ignores Normani's attitude, "You've met my dad but I haven't met anyone in your family! It's been almost 6 months, like are you ashamed of me or something?!"

Normani groans, "Noooooo, baby, I promise. Listen, my family is uh....I don't know if you're ready for them."

Camila pouts,"That sounds like an excuse, Mani, you know how I feel about you, if you're just dating me to date me then we should end this, because I want a future with you, like real shit."

Normani starts to smile, reaching over and wrapping her arms around her girlfriend," I promise, I don't commit lightly, ok? Now listen, if your crazy ass really wants to meet my family, then let's go. They're actually coming next week, but don't say I didn't warn you."

-------

Week of Normani's Parents Arriving

"Nancy come on! I'm so excited that your parents are coming over!" Camila yells, she's so excited, she even cooked a mixture of Cuban food and soul food for this momentous occasion.

Normani is sweating. Her Mom was an angel, her Dad was slightly a hot mess but her grandmother....oh God. She wasn't going to make it, she could feel her heart constricting.

"MANI THEY'RE HERE! Open the door!" Camila yells, clapping her hands like a mad woman.

Normani says a quick prayer, God help me to accept the things...

"Hi, Moni!" Mama Drea screams, grabbing her baby in a deathly tight bear hug.

D-Ham is next, giving his baby girl a kiss on her forehead.

Then.....it's Babs.

"Normani, who's place is this? It's kind of small, I can almost smell the Middle Class."

Normani clenches her eyes shut, here she go.....

"Mama! If you don't simmer down, you know Normani is trying to make her own money."

"Her own money? I didn't pop my pussy for the white man to get them corporate jobs for my grand baby to work for her own money! Them white Johnson's don't work for their money, them Hilton's don't work for their money!"

Babs was one of the first black billionaires, and she didn't take kindly to Normani wanting to be independent. What was the point?

Normani shakes her head, embarrassed. "Right...well, um, guys this is my beautiful girlfriend, Camila Cabello, honey, this is my mom, Andrea, my dad, Derrick and my wonderful...cr-"

"Try me, bitch!" Babs says, cutting her off.

"Grandmother, Babs," Normani finishes, rubbing her temples.

"Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you all," Camila begins, holding out her hand, unsure how she should greet her girlfriend's family.

"Aww, honey, we are huggers!" Mama Drea says, scooping the little Latina into a warm embrace, with Derrick mimicking the same thing.

But Babs...

"Honey, is that last season's Prada? Normani, I know you didn't buy this gorgeous girl, last season's Prada like a bum ass, rapper nigga."

Camila drops her jaw, shocked for a couple of reasons: 1) she just called her granddaughter a bum 2) this is actually a fairly recent Prada outfit?

Mama Drea groans, "Mama! Please, don't embarrass my baby."

"She embarrassing herself! Camila, baby, we must go shopping immediately. I have to get you out of that artifact. Normani, you ought to be ashamed of yourself!"

"Grandma I didn't even kno-"

"I know you didn't! Don't admit to ignorance, just call my driver and give Camila your black card!"

Camila is so shocked, she didn't even know Normani had money. "Oh, no... that's not necessary I'm quite happy with this dress."

"Honey, you're with a Hamilton, it's not a choice babe, come with Babs sweetie, we have a personal shopper and you have to try Chanel's cashmere, you'll thank me later."