Ch.8 Dani + Jealously

"So, I'm assuming you already know Dani's back in town," Lauren says, as she bends down to tie the shoelaces on her Chuck Taylor's.

Normani pauses, "What?"

"You heard me, Dani's back. She sent me a snapchat as she got off the airplane. Look, be careful ok? We know what happened last time."

Normani sighs and continues to walk towards the campus. She can't help but wonder why Dani is there and also why she hasn't hit her up since she's obviously in town. "I'll be fine, I got Mila now."

Lauren chokes on her spit, "You got her? Does that mean y'all are official!?"

Normani stops and gives Lauren a look.

"Seriously? Of course we aren't official, we just met not too long ago and you know I'm not one for relationships

"Seriously? Of course we aren't official, we just met not too long ago and you know I'm not one for relationships. You know my past and especially my past with Dani. I'm not in the place emotionally to do that shit again."

Lauren nods, opening the door so they can enter the student union. "I know, mama, but it looks like that could be a possibility."

Normani rolls her eyes, focusing on what she would pick to eat. Hmm, Chick Fil A or Pizza Hut?

"Manibear!"

Normani turns around, just in time, to catch a flying Camila. She stumbles back a bit before placing her hands on the thighs that are not tightly gripped around her torso. Koala hugs can be dangerous, she thinks. "Hey, babe. What are you doing here, Koala?"

Camila chuckles, "Uh, I attend here, as you know."

Lauren eyes them for a second, before huffing and leaving. She could live without seeing them boo'd up. She's still not over her crush on her bestfriend.

"I know you go here, silly. Don't you have class though?"

"Not today, teacher didn't show up before the 15 minute no teacher no class rule. So we got an unintentional free day."

Normani nods her head and caddies Camila over to one of the tables. "Here, save our seat and I'm gonna go get some food. You hungry?"

Camila raises her eyebrow as if to say, "Are you serious?"

"Right, stupid question. You're always hungry."

"You know it babe, now you know my order so hurry up!"

Normani shakes her head, she still can't believe she's spoiling the girl. Normani walks up to the Chick Fil A counter, looking at the menu to see if she'd deviate from her normal order.

"Mani?"

Normani froze, she knew that voice. She had tried for months to forget how it sounded, and she thought she had succeeded. Biting her lip and saying a silent prayer, Normani turned around to face a smiling Dani.

"I knew it had to be you! Hey, bug!" Dani opened her arms wide to signify she wanted a hug.

Normani just stared at her, an annoyed expression gracing her face.

"Aww, come on. You're still mad at me? I was an idiot, ok? I apologized over and over, just give me a hug."

Normani groaned but stepped forward to give Dani a light hug. "Ok, there's your hug. Now, why are you here?"

"I'm here because I wanted to talk to you, I um...my singing career is starting to gain some steam and I wanted to know if you'd make a cameo in my D.O.S.E video."

Normani wanted to act as if she hadn't heard D.O.S.E but one time she walked in on Lauren listening to it and she had to admit it was a good cover song. D.O.S.E was a mashup cover song consisting of Don't, Overtime (both by Bryson Tiller), Say It (Tory Lanez)/ Scholarships (Drake) and Exchange (Bryson Tiller, again).

"I'd just have to dance, right? It's not a leading lady thing, right?"

Dani nodded, smile slowly forming on her lips," Only dance, bug. So, yes? I got a badass director and a publicist for a buzz. I promise you'll benefit from it."

Normani chewed on her lips as she thought about the pros and cons of taking the spot in Dani's music video.

"Manibear, what's taking so long? It's been like 20 minutes," Camila says, walking towards Normani. She stops right beside her and her eyes set on who she's sure is Dani Leigh. Damn she came fast.

"Oh, hello gorgeous. I'm Dani, what's your name and can you dance?"

Normani frowns, feeling a small tinge of jealousy. "Her name is Camila and no she doesn't dance."

Dani smirks, picking up on Normani's tone. "Oh, my bad. I didn't know she was your girl, Normani. I'm glad you moved on from you and I, she's a catch."

Camila's eyebrows rose. Wait, wasn't Dani supposed to be stealing Normani away? Is this some type of Jedi mind trick?

"She's not my girl, we're just really close."

Camila fights to keep her face neutral, that stung. It shouldn't have, she knows that Normani is a special case. "Yeah, I'm not attached. So, what's this about a video?"

Normani squints her eyes. Did Camila just...

"Oh, word? Well, I sing and I have this pretty cool cover-mashup song that mixes about 5 songs together. It has Bryson Tiller, Tory Lanez and Drake cover songs in it. It's pretty dope, I think you'd like it."

Camila just wants to make Normani jealous, although she has no idea that Dani is doing the exact same thing hoping for the same result.

"That sounds really cool, can I hear it?"

Dani smiles again, "Yeah, you have SoundCloud on your phone?" Camila nods, "Perfect, just search for D.O.S.E and click the one that has my photo and my name, Dani Leigh."

Camila follows the instructions, pulling her earphones out of her pocket and inserting them into the headphone jack. As soon as the music starts, Camila starts nodding her head to the beat. She's a big fan of Bryson Tiller (the recorded version cause Homie can't sing live).

While Camila is listening to the song, Dani observes her for a second. She knows that Normani is downplaying the Camila situation, hell, Normani probably doesn't realize it yet. Dani can use that to her advantage because no matter how good Camila looks, listening to her song and swaying those hips, she wants Normani and Normani only.

Normani, scrunches up her face, glaring at Dani as she checks Camila out. Who the hell did Dani think she was? First she breaks Normani's heart and then she comes to the school and tries to seduce her girl? Like what?

Normani can't take it anymore and rips the headphones out of Camila's ears. "That's enough, what do you want to eat?"

Camila's jaw drops, "Um, my usual and ow! That hurt!"

Normani rolls her eyes, "You'll be fine. Anyway, Dani I'll do it but Camila isn't joining. She has her academics. So is that all you needed?"

Dani chuckles, "Yeah, Rambo. That's all. You got the same number?"

"Yeah, talk to you later."

"Bye, bug. Goodbye Camila, it was very nice to meet you."

Camila, still shocked, just waves goodbye before turning her attention back to Normani. "What the hell, Normani? Why did you do that?"

Normani really doesn't want to answer and instead she pulls the girl close to her and captures those pouty lips in a rough kiss.