1. Cliche Meeting

"Mila, can you please come on?" Dinah pleaded, staring at her nails as she tried to keep her growing annoyance down.

Camila Cabello was good at a lot of things, but she wasn't particularly good with time. It was a wonder if she even grasped the concept of time.

"I'm coming Cheechee, I just have to find my lucky banana socks!"

If Dinah could roll her eyes out of her head and around the world twice, it still wouldn't properly convey how done she was.

"Honestly? You're looking for a pair of banana socks!? You're 20 years old, Camila...not 5!"

Ignoring her Camila crouched down and peered underneath her bed in a last ditch effort to find her other sock.

"One last check, ok? Calm down, Cheechee." She squinted her eyes, leaned her arm out and BINGO! "Found the other match! Let's go!"

Dinah really loved her bestfriend, why else would she put up with her lateness, clumsiness and unhealthy obsession with bananas?

"Thank God, now I have to drive like a madman to even get us to our lecture on time."

Camila hopped out of the door, locking it and followed her Polynesian friend.

"You mean how you drive everyday?"

------------

"So, if that's true... how could we make our planet more sustainable without depleting our current job force that's stuck into the business of fossil fuels?"

Camila loved university, she studied at times when no one else was, she attended optional lectures, and loved tutoring her fellow less-enthused peers. However, Sustainability in North America was her favorite class of the past 3 years.

"How much longer, Chancho? I swear every time we come to this class it gets longer. Why did I agree to take this class with you? I hate science and the only thing I care that sustains is makeup."

Camila smiled, shaking her head at her bestfriend, "About 20 more minutes, now hush, Professor Reynolds is really diving in deep today."

Dinah groaned, sliding down further in her seat. Never again, she vowed internally.
---
20 minutes later and Dinah was shooting out the door of lecture as if Ulta was having a 50% off sale.

Camila on the other hand was carefully placing her 5 subject notebook in her backpack, her pens into their perspective pockets and dusting the nonexistent dust off her MacBook Air.

Happy with her organization she finally started heading towards the exit, noticing quickly that Dinah was long gone. Damn it, Dinah she thought. She grabbed her phone, walking still without paying much attention.

Camila : Serio-

"Shit!" She heard, before falling on her ass. Let's add one-track minded to the list of Camila's  awesome qualities.

"I'm so, so sorry!" She apologized, standing up and glancing at her victim.

"It's ok, I probably needed to be knocked down a few pegs."

Standing up, Camila blanched. Who the hell knocks the Normani Kordei down? Who would ever?

"Oh my God, Normani. I am so embarrassed, are you ok? Is there anything hurting?"

Normani laughs, head thrown back, perfect teeth visible and a slight shake to her body. She should be used to this behavior, for some reason Miami U adored their slightly famous backup dancer. She felt like a star quarterback here, the teachers were extra attentive, the student body awfully nice.

"It's ok, I swear. What's your name? It's kinda unfair that you know mine."

Camila blushed, playing with her fingers before mumbling out, "Camila, Camila Cabello."

Normani smirked, this Camila was pretty cute. "Well, hello Camila Cabello. It's nice to meet you, standing upright or on the ground."
-----
"Then she said it's nice to meet you, standing upright or on the ground!" Camila squealed, sitting across from Dinah in their student union.

Dinah's eyes were wide, her body leaning toward the table as she listened to her best friend.

"Oh my God! I can't believe you talked to your crush, Mila! And you didn't stutter? Like who are you, Casanova?"

Camila, if possible, smiled even wider. "I know! I was so nervous though, I could've spontaneously combusted. And she's so fucking gorgeous, Dinah!"

Dinah laughed, raising her hand for a high-five.  She felt like a proud parent right now. Her little Camila finally talked to her crush of 2 1/2 years.

"So then what happened? Did you get her number or anything?"

Camila's smile faded, "Is that what normal people do?"

Dinah awed, patting her friend's hand sympathetically. She knew that if it were her she'd have her number and possibly a date to hang out the next time they were free, but this was Camila, not her.

"No, not necessarily but like what happened? You guys just went your separate ways?"

Camila nodded before cradling her head into her hand and groaning. Why was she so awkward?

"Calm down, Mila. Now that you know she has the same class after us, then you'll definitely see her again. Just this time... ask her if she'd like to meet up for coffee or something."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that? You know me, I'm nervous even thinking about talking to that Goddess again."

Dinah rolled her eyes, "I'll help you, Mila don't worry. I think there may be a couple of parties she might go to in case you need some liquid courage."

Camila thought about it, perhaps some liquid courage wouldn't be a bad idea. Normally people were the opposite with alcohol so if she's nervous normally then she'd be calm with some drinks in her, right?

"Yeah, let's do that."