Ch. 9 D.O.S.E Video Shoot + Options

I want you bad as ever
Don't let me just let up
I want to give you better
Baby, it's whatever

Dani walked over to her spot, behind Normani and gripped her left shoulder and she lipsync'd the words to her song.

Normani kept her head down, staying in character and still, as Dani ran her hands down towards her chest before lifting them off.

"Alright, cut scene!" James, the director yelled out.

"I didn't know you'd want me doing all this, Dani," Normani began, pausing to take a sip of water, "I'm like the leading lady for real, huh?"

Dani smiled, grabbing the water bottle out of Normani's hands as she downed the contents. "Yeah, you are. The next scenes are us dancing, and it's been too long since we danced with each other."

Normani sighs, she really doesn't know how to feel or how she's supposed to feel. Dani is an enigma in a lot of ways, and then she's just plain old bad news. They're too compatible to hang out constantly as friends so there's no way that it's even an option, but she does enjoy her company.

"Girl, you're too into your head right now. Are you ok?"

Normani nods but stays in her internal space. Dani was her last relationship, she tries to forget and only gives the title of last relationship to Arin, but in reality, it's Dani. Dani slithered her way through her walls and defenses, she chased her for 3 full months, winning her over, making her trust her and picking her up whenever she felt insignificant.

They started as actual friends, Dani even became close with Lauren (who was fiercely protective of Normani against anyone). Dani was too perfect, and she was until the illusion fell quicker than the panties on the girls Dani was seeing on the side. Normani was livid, how could someone devote all that time to chasing her only to fück it all up.

"Alright, ladies! It's time for the dancing parts, y'all know the choreo?" James asks, wiping his lenses again to ensure optimum quality.

"Oh yeah, we good. Normani here is the star when it comes to dancing, so I know she's solid. Right, bug?"

Normani gives a half smile and gets into position.

It's easy to see that you're fed up

They crouch down low, circling around before, standing up right and placing their arms in front of them as they prepared for the next shot.

Normani was in her complete element, and the more she heard the song, the more she started to dig it. Dani was a double-threat, a professional dancer and a good singer.

"Cut scene again! Now Normani here's the solo portion, it's all you. Do whatever feels natural and I'll pan the camera around and follow you. You know the stop mark?"

Normani nodded, glancing at Dani as she walked over to James and stood beside him.

"Kill this for me, bug?"

"You already know, Dani. Now queue the the music."

Show you you're special
Certain it's your love that holds me together

Normani moved gracefully, smoothly isolating her movements and she stayed on top of the beat. She didn't have to do too much, the solo didn't last long.

"Cut! Do you guys need a break or can we continue rolling?"

Both of the girls responded that they were fine to continue. The next scene made Normani slightly uncomfortable, they needed to act like a couple. They were supposed to step closer and interlock their fingers in a hand-hold, all the while teasingly drawing back their heads towards one another then slightly away.