32nd

Shawn lie asleep on the couch with his head resting on the back until a tiny hand slapped his knee as she laughed. He jerked awake and looked around with blurry eyes.

"Daddy!" Jamie screamed trying to climb on his lap. He picked her up and was surprised to find that she as butt naked. Jamie hated clothes. She hardly ever stayed in them. "Hi!" she beamed at him.

Shawn stood up and carried her to her bedroom. It use to be the guest suite but now it was laced with pink this and soft that. But after all that decorating, she never stayed in there. She preferred to sleep with him or Rosario, depending on whether not Selita had locked the door that night or not.

"Where ya clothes at girl?"

Jamie laughed and covered her face with her hands. "I don't know."

"You do know," Shawn said reaching for her dresser to find something she would have more difficulty getting out of. He found a white overall dress and a pink shirt. He sat her down and helped her pull on her pull up, wondering where Selita and Rosario were as he finished dressing her. He shook his head and picked her up, lifting her over his head much to her delight. "You like that hunh?" he asked strolling from the room. "You better keep your clothes on girl."

Jamie smiled and wiggled when she spotted her football by the couch. Shawn put her down obediently. She picked it up, turned and threw it at his knee. He had just gotten through throwing footballs around at practice but he figured a few more tosses with his favorite quarterback wouldn't hurt. When he picked it up to throw back, Jamie squealed in delight and attempted to clap her hands. He had never tried, but he was almost sure Jamie could toss a ball around all day if she had the partner.

Shawn was just about to throw it when the elevator bell sounded and the doors opened. Beyonce came in and Jamie forgot all about her game. "Mommy!" she said as she ran around the couch. Shawn shook his head and dropped the ball.

"Baby!" Beyonce said bending to hug her. Jamie hugged her neck ferociously and voiced no objections when Beyonce lifted her off the ground. "Gimme kiss," she asked Jamie. Jamie puckered up enthusiastically. "Thank you," Beyonce cooed holding her.

"Daddy," Jamie said pointing to him as he walked across the room to them. Jamie had a thing for introducing people like they didn't already know each other. "We catch the ball." Shawn reached then and kissed her forehead, nodding to Beyonce.

"Ya'll was playing catch?" Jamie nodded and fondled the straps of her dress idly. "What else did ya'll do?"

Jamie shrugged and put her face in Beyonce's neck. A sign that she was tired. "We- we catch the ball."

"Did she eat?" Beyonce asked Shawn, all that softness gone from her voice. Shawn was almost immune to the switch but it still hurt a little.

"I really don't know. You should ask Rosario," he said honestly.

Beyonce glanced at him. "You just getting home from practice?"

Shawn was shocked that she was showing an interest. She never asked about anything that didn't directly pertain to Jamie. "I been home for about an hour. Long enough to fall asleep somewhere."

Beyonce nodded in a silent understanding while she looked at Jamie. "You have fun?" he asked, hoping to casually prolong the moment as long as he could. They rarely ever talked. Like just talked to one another to be talking.

Beyonce made a face then nodded. "Yeah, I guess. Hot as crap out there," she said, speaking about the weather.

"Yeah, it is."