40th

"Shawn come on, we're gonna be late!" Beyonce screamed up the stairs as she checked her Dolce & Gabbana watch again. She shook her head and looked at Jamie, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs with her, looking just as calm and casual as she wanted. One of the things about Jamie that she was never understand was her patience. The girl could sit and wait for anything for hours and Beyonce had no idea where she got it from because her and Shawn were antsy people. They never liked waiting on something.

"What is taking him so long?" Beyonce said.

Jamie shrugged. "Maybe he's doing his hair."

Beyonce grinned. "That's probably it hunh?"

"Yep," Jamie said with a nod of finality. "That's what takes us so long."

Beyonce shrugged and decided that she had to agree. They spent ages doing Jamie hair. It was thick and wavy like her mothers. A horrible mess to sort out when she washed it. Beyonce used to literally wash her hair in sections it was so bad. "I like your dress Jamie," Beyonce commented, smiling as Jamie blushed deeply.

"Thank you mommy," she cooed. "Rosario helped me pick it out."

Beyonce nodded, "speaking of Rosario, where is she?"

As if on cue the Spanish woman rounded the corner with a camera in her hand. "Wait," she said like they were going somewhere. She stopped her quick pacing and snapped a picture that Beyonce wasn't ready for. "I need pictures for the album!"

"Yes ma'am," Jamie said dutifully. She loved Rosario like the family and Beyonce supposed it was because the woman had been with her since her birth. "Cheese," she said posing. Rosario grinned and snapped a picture.

"Pretty chica!" Rosario said in an approving manner as she took picture after picture. "Are you excited Jamie Ann?" she asked as she sat on the steps to look at Jamie.

"Yes ma'am," she grinned.

"Good, now," Rosario said pointing at her. "You make sure you be polite to all the people and don't get lost!"

Jamie nodded sternly. "I won't let you down."

They were going to a movie premiere as a family. Shawn had snagged three tickets to the event and since it was some new 3D Disney movie, he decided he would take his babies to see it. Beyonce had never been a real movie fan but Shawn was sure that Jamie would get a kick out of it. He was taking Beyonce to the party afterwards that children weren't allowed to. It was a very sophisticated, black tie affair.

He descended the stairs in his black Prada button down, Rock and Republic jeans, and Kanye West LV shoes. They had decided it would be cute to match since Beyonce had on a black Vivienne Westwood sleeveless button down, white jeans, and black Christian Louboutin heels. . Jamie was the cutest in her Christian Dior dress and Juicy Couture sandals. She looked adorable even though she despised dresses. Rosario could talk her into wearing one easily. No one else though.

"We ready?" Shawn asked as he put his phone in his pocket and checked his watch. "Is the car here?"

"Wait!" Rosario said. "A group picture. Everybody together. Say cheese!"

They huddled. "Cheese," they called.

"Alright Rosario we gotta get going. I've made us late enough." Shawn wrapped an arm around the older woman and kissed her temple. "You'll probably be in bed when we get back. Goodnight."

"Oh buh-bye senor," Rosario cooed hugging him back. She embraced Beyonce and then Jamie. "Have a good time. Be good Jamie!"

"I will!"