26

26

"Anong nangyari sayo?" Bang asked as soon as Alyssa came back to the poolside.

The other friend failed to give a response which prompted Bang to snap her finger in front of her face.

"Alyssa?"

"Sorry. Pakibigay na lang kay Den. I'll be with the two." She handed the robe to Bang which the latter found odd as Alyssa's girlfriend was just at the other side of the pool, watching them.

Alyssa left for the pavilion while Bang and Dennise shared worried looks. Dennise mouthed what was wrong but Bang could not provide any answers but a shrug.

Back in the pavilion, Alyssa sat at the corner chair with a distant look on her face. Her two friends were still hustling over the pool table.

"Ly, sali ka! One pocket, one shot!" Kim said, beckoning Alyssa to join them. She scratched the back of her head as she neared the unresponsive Alyssa. "Asan si Laura?"

"Kim." Alyssa looked at her intently.

"Shit. You did not."

"I didn't."

"Problema?" Ara slurred, intoxicated from losing to Kim a couple of times.

"Umayos ka naman, Alyssa. Mahiya ka naman kay Den!" Kim bluntly said. "Nasaan siya? Anong nangyari?"

"Walang nangyari." Alyssa answered. "I just played stupid and pathetic. I hate her. Fuck, I even loathe her!"

"Woah, Valdez." Ara exhaled.

"Bakit pa kasi niya kailangang bumalik?!"

"Ano, magrereklamo ka ngayon? E sana 'di mo syinota si Den kung umaasa ka pa pala kay Laura. Labo mo rin eh." Ara continued.

"That's not my point."

"No, Alyssa. That is the point. You are in dilemma. Because you are already with Den and yet, umaasa ka pa kay Laura. At galit ka dahil hindi ka niya binalikan. Ikakasal na siya, Ly. Don't be delusional na pwede pa kayo. At h'wag mong ginagago si Den dahil hindi lang ikaw ang kaibigan namin dito."

"Shut it!"

"Kasi totoo kaya ayaw mong marinig. Ginagago mo 'yung girlfriend mo!"

"Fuck off, Ara!"

"Ly, she's drunk. H'wag mong patulan." Kim meddled in between, gesturing Ara to just go away.

"Hayaan mo nang magising sa kahibangan niya."

"Fuck you." Alyssa snapped through her gritted teeth. She balled her hands into fists, threatening to erupt any moment by now. "Mind your fucking problem, asshole!"

"Well it seems to me that you're needing a little help since you cannot fix yours. Ano, should I tell your girlfriend to just break up with you kasi you're damn pathetic and you deserve nothing but your own pathetic self." Ara shot back while Kim struggled to push her away.

"Guys, come on! Magkakaibigan tayo rito!" She pleaded.

"What's happening here?" A voice cut through the commotion much to Kim's relief. A couple of meters away was Bang, arms clutched across her legs. "Naga-away ba kayo?"

"Anong meron?" Mika soon followed and in tow were Dennise and Shari in their white robes.

Alyssa's girlfriend immediately ran to her side.

"Alyssa?"

"Bang, I think our friend here needs a good cup of coffee. Kakausapin ko lang si Alyssa." Kim helped Ara on the chair so she could tend to Alyssa who was now being escorted out of the pavilion. "Ly, ikaw? Coffee?"