9

It was the 23rd of December, the last day of the year Alyssa and Dennise would spend together as Alyssa would fly to Rome to celebrate Christmas with her siblings while Dennise would have the holidays with her family.

Alyssa took Dennise in their house in Antipolo where in they could stay for the whole day.

The caretaker, who had been waiting for thei arrival, opened the gate for them as Alyssa parked the car in the garage.

"Who lives here?" Dennise asked as soon as she got outside the car and had the chance to marvel at the house.

"No one really," Alyssa answered, taking all their stuff out from the backseat.

"No one?" Den wondered why. The three-storey house looked modern and cozy as how Dennise had observed. "Not crazy rich pala, huh?"

"It's a family investment kasi," Alyssa said, beckoning Den to follow her inside. Dennise offered to carry some of the groceries they bought beforehand. "Sorry. Wala 'yung housekeeper and 'yung caretaker, si Manang, may pupuntahan din."

"Ano ka ba, okay lang." Den replied as they entered the house. Like how she expected, the interior was a luxury.

"Just leave everything there, hon. Mamaya na tayo mag-ayos. I am tired," Alyssa placed the bags on the nearest table then she configured the air-conditioning unit.

"Do you need anything?"

"Sleep, maybe." Alyssa smiled then she settled on the huge sofa couches, drawing Dennise beside her. "Ikaw?"

"Wala. Ano, okay ka lang? Ikaw kasi eh... Pagod at puyat ka na tapos pinilit mo pa ang sarili mo," Den kissed her nose as Alyssa closed her eyes sensing the brewing headache.

Alyssa was the busiest during the past few days having had to attend all kinds of social gatherings- from the early Christmas party of all the workers and staff of the café business to business meetings in lieu of her Tatay and other occasions she was invited in. And yet, even if she just got back from Davao this early dawn, she proceeded to Den's condo to fetch her and have they day she has been saving just for her.

"I am fine, hon, knowing I won't get to see you again until 2015," Alyssa told her sweetly.

She lied on the sofa, eyes focused on the huge still life painting. In an instant, memories of Laura flooded her head. Suddenly, she regretted being in this house again for this used to be her and Laura's favorite place, their sanctuary and their home.

She closed her eyes shut and turned her back against everything else in an attempt to block away all the memories of Laura in every corner of the house.

"Hon, are you feeling okay?" Dennise asked but to Alyssa it sounded so much like Laura's voice. Alyssa did not answer even if she felt Dennise lie behind her. "Alyssa?"

"I am fine, Den. I am just really tired..." Alyssa mumbled and pretended to yawn. "It's 10 palang, 'di ba? I'll wake up after an hour. Ako na ang magluluto ng lunch."

"It's okay, Ly. Just rest. Ako na ang bahala," Dennise breathed. She nuzzled her nose on Alyssa's nape while her hand hugged the latter's waist from behind. This made Alyssa miss Laura more, reminiscing how Laura would always do it to her when she wanted Alyssa to face her when they sleep together.

Alyssa slowly turned around and met Dennise' face, reminding her that it was Dennise, not Laura, who was with her.

Dennise cupped Alyssa's face and gave her a gentle and short kiss on the lips. Alyssa smiled, their lips still pressed together, and she seemed to have fallen asleep in the middle of the kiss.