24

24

Dennise took all the time in the world to stare at her girlfriend's sleeping face. Though she was very careful not to make any noise and wake her up, she also wanted to get herself in between her arms, snuggle against her or even just exchange good nights with her.

She sighed and slowly crept in the bed. She laid herself down with Alyssa's back turned against her. She went still, both hands pressed on her sides, eyes on the ceiling. Dennise paced with Alyssa's peaceful breathing but she just could not get herself to sleep too.

It was past eleven. Alyssa insisted that she would wait and every time she says so, Dennise knows Alyssa will. Only this time, she found her on their bed with her phone clutched in her hand.

Dennise smiled at the thought that she even almost became annoyed that her girlfriend failed to reply to her recent text message.

"Hay nako. Hindi kita matiis, Valdez." She coyed. They've been together for quite some time now but still, she falls for the other more and more.

Dennise propped herself to her left and planted Alyssa a kiss on her cheek. The other stirred, smiled and returned the favor by tenderly kissing Den's lips.

"Kanina ka pa?"

"Medyo? Sleep ka na. Sorry. I just missed you, girlfriend." Dennise threw the duvet on Alyssa before she carefully placed her head near her girlfriend's chest, wanting Alyssa to cuddle her.

"I love you too." Alyssa murmured. She ran her long fingers through Den's lemon scented hair before planting another kiss on her head. "Inaantok ka na ba, Den?"

"Oh, no. We are not going out this late, hon." Dennise discouraged, remembering that one time Alyssa had a sudden ramen craving at twelve midnight. "What is it this time? You're not pregnant, are you?"

"I believe na kahit gabi-gabihin natin-"

"Ang?"

"You know, making-"

"Hold it, Valdez!" Dennise blindly mapped Alyssa's face so she could put a hand on her mouth. "Matulog ka na nga lang!"

"Let me see your face, Den. Pula mo na naman siguro!" Alyssa teased.

"Matulog na tayo, Ly. H'wag mo nang balakin. I'm on my period."

"You're so adorable, hon. Hindi naman po."

"Yung kamay mo... is under my shirt." Dennise caught Alyssa's roaming hand and moved it back to her side.

"Denden, we both know that your hormones are working double time. Alam mo 'yun, let me enjoy those mounts."

"Ly!" Dennise elbowed her grinning girlfriend and gave her the meanest look.

Only her knitted eyebrows soon softened up when Alyssa smiled against her forehead.

"You are going to say something. Ano 'yun, Ly?"

"Meron ba?" Her girlfriend tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I know those eyes." Dennise sighed and watched the colors of Alyssa's eyes blink at her. "What is it, hon?"

Alyssa let her little dimple show before she pressed Den's head gently against her chest again. Her palm stayed on Den's face, caressing her soft cheek.

"She was at the office today, Dennise."

Dennise remained silent. She could not remember exactly how the night talks were all about Laura again. It would have been easier to keep the thoughts at the back of her head if the talks involved Alyssa going home late or Den's busy schedule or the little arguments that never mattered to her anyway.