5

Since Alyssa went to Cebu for a business convention, Dennise found herself missing her so much more than she could admit.

Moreover, she could not call her every time as Alyssa was so busy and the call would either be answered by Rina, her secretary or would go directly to a voice mail. And even if Alyssa would always find time checking on Dennise every night, the other one would be so busy studying or just too tired to have a long talk with Ly.

It was on the second day of Alyssa's absence that Dennise found the perfect chance to catch up to her. They were Face Timing— Den in her car and Alyssa in a hotel room. Den was filling in Alyssa about her day in the laboratory when she caught a glimpse of someone.

"Are you with Rina?" She inquired and Ly answered in negative. "Where's she?"

"Sa room niya... Why?"

Den was about to ask Alyssa who she was with when she got her answer. A girl's voice was heard asking something that made Dennise knit her eyebrows.

"Ly, nakita mo bra ko?" The girl asked as she scampered around the room.

Alyssa widened her eyes when she realized what was about to happen. She smiled nervously at Den. "Wait... friend ko, hon... Hmm... Si Jana."

Oh was Den's only reaction as she focused on something else but her phone. But still, her eyes would occasionally shift to her screen. Jana was there, only wearing a towel wrapped around her body.

"Den, let me explain. Please. So kanina, may business convention and Tatay sent me here along with some of the executives to represent the group. But it wasn't exactly the reason I am here..."

"Ly, you don't have to explain... Let's just save our time here. Let's end this call." After what Kim has said to her before, Dennise has no idea where to put herself in Alyssa's life. And still, she could not bring herself to ask her. "It's okay..."

This surprised Alyssa. She knows how Dennise gets jealous easily so she wondered how Den could easily let this one pass. This made Alyssa more anxious to explain things for Dennise.

"Wait, Den. Let me tell you what is happening here kasi. So today, ako at si Ara, we went to check the site for our Cebu Baked and Brewed branch. We're planning to have it on the first quarter of 2015, hon. And tonight, grand launching din ng Hyped, the clothing line here so a-attend kami. Jana's gonna host it and we are here to support her. She's a family friend, Den and one of my closest too. So whatever you're thinking..."