19

19   

It was the last day of the weekend and tomorrow, they have to go back to their usual busy lives. The Sunday was spent in a rather laid back manner. In the morning, the couple went for a jog as the sunrise broke in the horizon, before they played around in the kitchen with the pancake mix. Left with nothing else to do after cleaning up their mess, they had the rest of the morning in bed watching a romcom movie they found in Alyssa's dvd collections. Halfway through it, they decided to have a classic thriller on the screen instead.

Lunch was no different. Alyssa would usually raise her eyebrows on fast food meals but for today, she made an exception and let Dennise request for a delivery.

The afternoon was all cuddling in bed as they both fell asleep to another romantic movie they dared to watch. Leaving the windows open for the cool, afternoon breeze, Dennise whose back was facing Alyssa, blindly searched for the other's arm and casually wrapped it around her waist. Alyssa who somehow stirred a bit after Den's movement shifted to her side so she could hug her girlfriend closer. She kissed Den's exposed nape before letting her fingers fall perfectly in between the spaces of Den's hand.

They woke up just in time to witness the lovely sunset painting the whole sky orange and red. Dennise was sitting on the pool recliner chair, her nose in between the pages of the book she was reading. She was so absorbed she did not notice Alyssa taking candid photos of her using her phone-- legs crossed, forehead creased, lips slightly parted.

"Why are you giggling?" Dennise shut her book close as she threw a curious look at Alyssa.

"Wala, nothing." Alyssa dismissed, putting her phone away. She tossed some ice cubes into her glass of mojito then added some more vodka. "Done with the book?"

"Yup. Tagal ko nang gustong tapusin 'to but it is only today I found the time." Dennise placed her book on the table as she walked to sit beside Alyssa at the pool side. "So ano, ba't nangi-ngiti ka kanina?"

"Wala nga. Drink?" Alyssa offered her glass to Dennise who took it.

"Wala raw. Sus."

"Let's go for a dip?"

"Can't. Still on my period. Why are you changing the topic. Sino ba 'yun?"

"Wala nga, hon. Let's go out for dinner, should we?"

Dennise rolled her eyes at Alyssa's evasiveness. She downed the mojito in one swig without her eyes leaving Alyssa's phone screen. 

Baka may ka-text 'to

"Hey, I know what you are thinking. Wala nga, okay? You want to check my phone?"

"What are you implying, Valdez? Nagseselos ako?"

"Aren't you?" Alyssa prodded teasingly.

"I know a place we can go in Marikina," Dennise quickly interjected as Alyssa continued to grin at her.

"Ooops, changing the topic."

"Hay, whatever. You going with me or not?" She asked. She knew Alyssa was just teasing her and that it was just a waste of time fretting on it. She knew that if Alyssa wanted to tell her something, she would. 

"I was thinking of painting my nails tonight but I'll get it done tomorrow na lang. Let's go change, then." Alyssa poured the remaining cocktail mix from the pitcher to her glass, downing it in her throat in one go.

And because it was Den's idea, the dinner was on her even if Alyssa argued they could just share or even go dutch. She even insisted on taking the driver duties while Alyssa reclined on the passenger's seat, occasionally scanning the local radio programs for good Sunday night music.