8

8

"Ms. Den!"

Dennise turned around and saw Ara jogging towards her.

"Ara!"

"Christmas shopping?" Ara asked with a smile. Den nodded and continued browsing the boutique. "For Alyssa?"

Den nodded again, this time she blushed. "Ikaw?"

"Visited the shop. Papagalitan na ako ni Aly kung 'di ko pa binisita eh," Ara paced with Dennise. "Uhm, do you mind if I join you?"

"N-no," Denden smiled. "Actually, kanina pa ako at wala pa akong napipili..."

"Hmm... for Aly, 'di ba?"

"May idea ka ba kung ano ang gusto niya? I mean, parang lahat kasi, kaya naman niyang makuha kaya-"

"Ang matamis mong 'oo' nalang, Ms. Den."

"Sira! Hindi naman nanliligaw..." Den sighed and checked one of the watches that looked elegantly splendid. For the longest time, she has been debating whether to buy it for Alyssa or give her something else as she knew Alyssa already has a wide collection of watches, not to mention, the even more luxurious ones. "Ano bang gusto niya? What did she get last Christmas?"

"Uhm, I remember her getting a luxury car from her Tatay pero 'di naman niya nagagamit. Alam mo naman 'yun. Simple life lang." Ara told her. "Ms. Den, maski ano naman po. Na-appreciate naman niya lahat."

"I know pero I don't know how to make it special..."

"Well, Ms. Dennise, I believe that as long as it comes from you, special na 'yun para sa kanya."

"Bolera," Dennise chuckled and punched Ara's shoulder lightly although whatever Ara said lifted her spirits. "Sige na nga. I'll figure out something. I still have a week to think."

Suddenly Ara's phone rang. She mouthed 'Alyssa' to Den then she took the call.

"Binisita ko na, Boss." She provided and followed Dennise as she walked. "Nasaan ka ba?"

"Ako? I am on a date," answered the other line which made Ara furrow her eyebrows.

"Ulol. Kasama ko si Ms. Den. Sino na naman 'yan?"

"Si Bang," Alyssa said gleefully and Bang's voice could be heard giggling. "Teka why are you with Den?"

"Nakita ko siya rito sa Glorietta... E ikaw? Why are you with Bang?"

"We're on a date nga, 'di ba? Hey, can you ask Den if she already had lunch? If not, sabay-sabay na tayo."